Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Not yet!!!

sweet just saw the forecast... 90 degrees next Tuesday- I'm not busting out the drysuit yet!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Skiyaker you're killing me!
    Went out at 9 AM today to help my son wash the truck he is selling. No water flow; hose was frozen. Took a few minutes of twisting and breaking it up before the water flowed. Comparatively, our Tuesday high will be 7C (44F), which is better than Monday's high of 5C (41F).
    As I'm twisting the hose, looking over at my boat wondering about the ballast pipes, etc. Normally wouldn't be concerned about freezing this early.
    Frost warning tonight, so gonna spread hay under the boat and let it burn overnight.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

In Calgary we woke up to snow in some areas of the city and tonight a frost warning....and only 5% of the farmers crops are off the fields....I am winterizing this weekend...Both the boat and RV.....

SOB ......... it was 39degrees today at 6pm when I drove home. Started to snow even. Was 90 2 weeks ago and 80 still 4 days ago. This sucks the big one Still gonna hold out on winterization though.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I went skiing this morning as the nights haven't got below 65 and in the mid-80's during the day (average temps). The water temps are 66 degrees which is about the temps for mid-July.

I also took the boat/trailer in for an estimate to repair a fender when someone this summer backed into it. $1,400 for the repair and it was almost totaled except I convinced the adjuster to go with the repair. I'm taking it in at the end of the month.

And last but not least is I did winterize the boat this afternoon. I have too much going on the next 1-1/2 months. The dive rescue I belong to has a support function for a triathalon swim for tomorrow morning and an exercise next Saturday and the Kennel Club has a dog show at the end of the month and I do the layout for 150 RVs. Then to Wisconsin in October to see family and training in Madison.

As a footnote, I got more skiing in this year than the past two years. What is surprising is I only put 23 hours on the boat. I have two weeks in the summer I take the boat and camp but most of my skiing is locally and my buddy and I rotate boats so we never put many hours on any one boat. We get out early before the sheriff wakes up and we agreed to split the cost if we are caught.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Fall and when I winterize my boat that means two more weeks of summer weather so enjoy.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

It's officially over:

1. The 14 day forecast now extends into October, and no days even come close to the average historical high.
    2. I'm already working on a snowmobile upgrade.
    3. This weekend I will be in the hockey arena a fair bit.

I was REALLY hoping for those classic September days. They came each of the last two years. Nada this year. GLOBAL WARMING MY ASS!
    Time to shift mindset. This valuable site is a seaonal thing for me. Onto the frozen stuff. Merry Christmas everyone. See you in the Spring.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

We're not far behind ya.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Cool

Our weather absolutely sucks,but i'm still holding out hope to go out skiing ONE more time albeit with a drysuit but i just wanna go out once more. Very frosty morning today says that might not happen, Gonna winterize soon i guess.
    07 Outback DD

Supposed to be at least 80 in Central Oregon this weekend. We're heading to Lake Billy on Sat to find a little more summer.

I cannot imagine a 3-4 month boating season when my boat is winterized for only 3 months. Water here rarely gets in the low 50's so it's very doable with adequate gear. We still have water temps in the low 80's to mid 80's