Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

went out last wednesday. water temps here were 74- it felt great to me; air temp tonight supposed to be 50 so water will be a little colder next week. Still, some of the best skiing around here happens in september after everyone else gets off the lake. when the water gets below 70 might break out the shorty; boat's in a heated garage so with the dry suit I'll keep the boat into november and hopefully get it back out in March. that leaves me with just 3 dreadful months without the Moomba!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

thats pretty sweet... mine will get put away late september and pulled out in early may so it spends more time stored than out but what can you do when the water is frozen??
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Smile

As mentioned above ,after experiencing your kinda heat i can actually sympathize for you. We are accustomed to as mentioned above 70 nice 80 hot 90 scorching and water temps from ICE to low 70's being awesome. For you southerners I'm sure you could use drysuits as well. For us we go till freeze up then put boats to sleep then winter sports /activities start. Skiing,HOCKEY indoorsports Vball.curling actually i'm sorry i said curling but some people enjoy it but you get the idea. Also ICEFISHING. Anyways i intend to go for a few more weeks and then start watching weather carefully to put the boat away before it really get cold.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "Now in the winter this place can be boring, boring, boring."

That's just you man.

For me and everyone I hang with, Florida winters open up a whole bunch of activities you can't do in the summer. Winter is like the end of hibernation. Time to get spend time outside open up all the windows in the house, and turn off the a/c.

Build yourself a little campfire place in your back yard and listen to the crickets.

Go hiking in the woods, go camping - get out of the house!
    Heat doesn't bother us, we run and or bike during mid-day. Yes our times are slower the air is thinner and it gets hot, but heat doesn't hurt, cold does.
    But the ski boat does get put up in November and that is what is sad. Without our boat, our number one hobby the excitement level decreases. You should know you love your boat too. The other boats are broken out, the kayaks and there are 3 of them here and our type of gator hunting (no guns, just looking) begins on creeks and rivers all around this area. And we are never in the house there are always things we do. The kids are on the Panama City Swim Team and are always at practice. Mrs.Z and I are training for a triathlon and bike, swim and run all week long and not during the morning cool hours. Why because we are true southerners and can take the heat, are afraid of cold weather, amazed by a snowflake and much prefer bathing suits to jackets. If you live in Florida and love it here then you know it is shorts, t-shirts and sandals as the normal prefered outfit. And the sound a real Floridian knows is the sound of the Green Tree Frogs all over the back of their house at night. Not Crickets! Those are in the kids TV room, in a jar waiting to be fed to the Bearded Dragon my daughter has. The one next to my sons Ball Python. Yeap Florida pets too!!!

No we won't be in the house, but we won't be on the boat!

PS I also think if you have to be cold then you need to be like above Kentucky so you can have some fun in snow! Those snowmobiles look pretty cool!!! Cross country snow skiing is another one that looks like fun!
    Last edited by zegm; 09-03-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Nice and sunny today, blue skies but the highs will be in the 60s only . Tomorrow will be better hopefully. I'm not ready to put her to bed yet.
    _________
    09 OB V

Temp hit 39 here last night-Still getting out on the water today though
    Between school and football hard to get out during the week! Beat St. Croix Falls 19-0 last night O-line party on the boat today

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    No such thing as winter sports here, well if you are a hunter.
    come on.. I've seen what you call a deer out in the southeast. my buddies lab is bigger
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

A really crappy August has dropped the water temp to 63F. The last two weekends were write-offs; never left the city. Was only out for one day/night this weekend. Too windy, so went wind surfing twice. Wanted to get in a morning ski, water was calm, but at 9 AM air temp was only +4C (40F) and had to get motoring back to the city for the lad's hockey try-outs.

So, per the topic of the thread, in these parts, Ma Nature started winding down summer quickly the first week of August. Still hoping for those classic Sept days, but none in the forecast, and water temp will be dipping into the 50's soon at this pace.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    come on.. I've seen what you call a deer out in the southeast. my buddies lab is bigger
    ha ha - that's funny right there. As far as winding down the summer.....never really got started in MT this year?? Cold and rainy spring until July and now it's 64 as a high today. I'm going to hold off winterizing as long as I can and hope to do it as late as Nov 1st!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

High of 14 degress celcius today and raining. First wetsuit set of the year.

The kids start hockey this week but I'm still praying for an Indian Summer
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.