Thread: Can't get it

Unhappy Can't get it

Got n '05 lsv. I ride goofy, got 1100lbs bag on driver side and stock in the center and port side. I'm not sure how to fill the bags, use the wake plate to surf. We have been only filling the drivers side bag. Huge wAke, but can't drop the rope to ride. I need help.

Lean over your front foot and that will give you slack in the rope.

New people who surf put too much weight on their back leg.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I ride on the drivers side, is thAt the correct side? Should I fill the other ballets as well? I'm beginning to think that all the ballasts should be filled.

Fill the 1100 sac, the center, another 500-600lbs in the bow, and about 200-250 in the opposite side v-drive sac. It's kinda hard to get a big goofy side wake with alot of pocket unless you really load the bow and goofy surfside. The regular side wake is easy to shape/build on all the Moomba models. I surf goofy on my XLV and to get a long pocket I use 3400lbs minimum.

Due to the prop rotation the goofy side is hard to shape/build

MR. ED G is right, goofy side creates the best wake. Your weight in your boat is not the problem. The problem is the way you point your board, feet placement and weight transfer. Here are a couple of quick tips to help you surf without a rope.

1. Your front foot should be on the edge of your board toward the wave (not in the middle of the board for better balance but on the edge of your board !!! ). Your big toe should be a little off cushion for first time riders without a rope. Bend your knees and keep your weight on your front toes.That will keep you in the wave.

2. At all times, keep your board pointing towards the middle of your deck . That will keep you in the wave for most of the time. Try to stay in the middle of the wave at all times. Do not try to go up and down the wave like you do when you have the rope in your hands. Stay still in between the middle and the bottom of the wave. That's were all the power is to push you foward. If you leave the power zone then , it is simple no power to push you foward.

3.Now your only problem is to work the gas and break pedal. Move your hips towards the front of your board to increase speed and bring them back to decrease speed. Moving your hips is the best way to transfer your weight from front to back. If you notice that you are losing the wave, bring your back shoulder toward the front of the board ( like wakesurfing your shoulders parallel to the boat). That will bring all your weight towards the front of the board which will help the wave to propel you towards the front.

Hope this helps...Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by 4fish4 View Post
    3.Now your only problem is to work the gas and break pedal. Move your hips towards the front of your board to increase speed and bring them back to decrease speed. Moving your hips is the best way to transfer your weight from front to back. If you notice that you are losing the wave, bring your back shoulder toward the front of the board ( like wakesurfing your shoulders parallel to the boat). That will bring all your weight towards the front of the board which will help the wave to propel you towards the front.
    Very, very subtle weight shifts. A small change makes a big difference. Be patient. We were all used to leaning back against the rope and the process for surfing is a dramatic shift. Like they said, don't worry about throwing the rope, get it slack and learn how to ride it that way in a straight line. You'll get the feel of your weight placement and then you'll start to move. Have fun.

I tell my beginners that it takes 10X as much "gas" as "brake". You stand on the gas and tap on the brake (gas being front foot and brake being back foot).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If I understand the terminology right, riding goofy, I SHOULD be on the drivers side. Fill all the ballasts and work on my stance. Where should the wake plate be?

gas, gas, gas gas, break, gas gas gas, break, gas gas gas........ well now you get the point. Learn to ride before before throwing the rope. keep your weight ahead and dont get scared and "step on the breaks". you need to keep the toe side edge in the wave. That is where you get the push.

I have been working on no rope at all, start off the platform with out the rope and ride back up on the platform after. My bro in law does it all the time!