Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Official Towboat (of other boats)

my outback is now the "official towboat" of other vessels

A bunch of us went out boating through The Gates of the Mountains and 1 of the 4 boats decided to stall on the lake this past saturday. Had to tow him in. I think his out-drive gears got all mangled up? Anyhow, glad we were all in a convoy at the time. We were a few miles in and not many vessels to be seen!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

viking - Nicely done! Did you pull from the tow pylon or transom lift rings? - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

that's good karma right there....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I realy enjoy towing other boats. this gives me a chance of showing other people how my rig is powerfull. The other day i even broke the 20 mph barrier while towing a 18' seadoo boat. And i always tow from transom lift rings, except one time because it was an emergency...

I never hesitate to give someone a tow. I think we have all been there needing the free ride back to the ramp.

I'm at least 10 up right now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

How about members posting up some pics of your "tow boat" doing the work Let's see some other proof of good deeds

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

I've towed in 2 boats, but never bothered to take pics. not something that I figure I'll look at again, not to mention it might be embarassing for the towed party. figure I'll be there someday and really don't want my pic all over a mastercraft board with a bunch of boobs saying how lame skiers products are figure that would erase all the good karma built up from a tow..
    my .02 anyways.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I've towed in 2 boats, but never bothered to take pics. not something that I figure I'll look at again, not to mention it might be embarassing for the towed party. figure I'll be there someday and really don't want my pic all over a mastercraft board with a bunch of boobs saying how lame skiers products are figure that would erase all the good karma built up from a tow..
    my .02 anyways.....
    ha ha - that's funny. i just figured it'll happen to me someday but I can say "ya, but I've towed 12 in and only got pulled once!" Gotta have proof or it never happened right?

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

I have pulled in 3 - two of which were fishing boats - now that is some good karma. For one of the two fishing boats I had to put in off my lift in order to tow them. And also rescued a jetski couple whou could not get back on the jetski for some reason... no alcohol involved.

You know I think it is maritime law that you must come to the aid of boat in trouble - amazing how many people will ignore someone clearly in trouble.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off