Thread: Swivel chair

Default Swivel chair

I am seeing more people talking about making there driver seat swivel, is there a kit for my 08 LSV ?
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

I wonder if the 2011 seat base will fit on our "older" boats.

Interested in this thread also. I've got the swivel mod on my fall to do list, so if there is a retro kit that makes it easier I'm all for it. Otherwise I will be copying the Newty/Chilly/Razzman methods found in the linked thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=swivel
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

That has to be one of the best things I've done to my boat. I absolutely love my swivel seat. If you have any q's let me know.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    That has to be one of the best things I've done to my boat. I absolutely love my swivel seat. If you have any q's let me know.
    I have been reading post about this, started checking mine out and noticed how close the side of chair was to the arm rest. Dont see how dong it without moving the chair over some for the swing.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    I have been reading post about this, started checking mine out and noticed how close the side of chair was to the arm rest. Dont see how dong it without moving the chair over some for the swing.
    Depending on the boat that is true. On my 06 OBV I could not swivel it all the way around, but it was enough for me. I've seen others with newer seats that will swivel all the way around. THinking about doing this on the LSV but I can't get scrap aluminum or SS cheap around here.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    That's exactly what you'll have to do ever so slightly. It all works out as the steering wheel will be centered when done. The way to do it is to mount your plates with swivel to the tracks and place your seat on the top plate, while holding it swivel the seat around to determine where to place it so that it just clears the armrest. On mine and Newty's the seat has an open scooped back so it gives you a lot of latitude as the open section goes around the armrest. By sliding the seat forward before i swivel i have around 115 degree range.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I wonder if the XLV has a tiny bit more clearance for the seat when swiveling