Default trouble starting from cold

hello all. recently been having issues starting my engine cold, its an indmar assault 325 multi port fuel injection. it stalls out, and doesnt fire up like it used to, it sounds very weak like its struggling to get gas. if I give it gas it starts ok, and from then on runs like a champ. any ideas what may cause this? possibly the fuel pump is my initial thoughts. It has also been extremely hot here the past few days, temperatures in the 30's, (85-90F), vapor lock crossed my mind, but does that not usually occur after running your engine. I also only use premium gas, no ethanol (as far as i know). forgot to mention, engine hours are getting up there, at 520 hours right now, this could be a factor but I don't think so.
    thanks for your replies!
    Last edited by yager97; 08-31-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: add missing info

have you changed your fuel filter?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

changed it at the beginning of the year. boat started up just fine and ran absolutely fine last night, maybe some water in the gas line or something?

Very well could be water in the fuel. Btw 520 hours is nothing, these engines should go over 2,000 with proper maintenance.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I hope that is the case. We make this boat work pretty hard, lots of extra weight all the time. shes a work horse