Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do you do with your Z5 when towing.

What do you do with your Z5 bimini when you tow. I see theres a sticker that says attach the front straps but i dont see any front straps to attach. I've been just towing it without doing anything and havent had any problems but i get worried if i go anything over 60.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Contact Z5 Sportracks and have them send you the tow straps and the strap eyelets (sorry, don't know the exact name) that are tapped into the tower. I'm sure it would only be a few $$.

I put a swivel seat in my boat, then turn the seat around and put it inside the boat. Then snap my cover on. I only do this for long trips.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    I put a swivel seat in my boat, then turn the seat around and put it inside the boat. Then snap my cover on. I only do this for long trips.
    Nice Newty. My Z5 came off a Supra Worlds Edition and is shaped differently in the front (you can see it in my profile album) and it will not fit in the boat. However I only tow either 2 miles or 6 miles depending on what ramp I want to use
    Last edited by you da man; 08-30-2010 at 09:41 AM.

I dont make it a habit, but I have towed up to 30miles with my Z5 on and no straps on the front. I just keep a close eye on it and rarely get it over 60MPH. I figure the boat is going to do about 40MPH on the water and what if I have a 20MPH head wind? There must be some factor of safety built into it, otherwise they wouldnt last in any condition.
    "The Boomba" '12 Mojo 345HP

Tow Rig: '08 Duramax

I do a similar thing to newty as I tow a minimum of 40 miles to my nearest lake and up to 120 miles regularly to mcphee reservoir. I have put the swivel seat in also but i leave it straight. I lay towels down on all the seats and over the back of the drivers seat and sit the z5 in the cabin. the front edge of the z5 sits on the back of the drivers seat and the back bar of the z5 clears the backrest of the seats in the stern by 4-5 inches or so. I figure that it is important to minimise rubbing for as much as I tow it like that, thus the towels.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I have towed my boat with the z-5 cargo on my boat up to 150 miles doing around 65-75 miles per hour and not have had any problems other then bugs. I wish there was a easier way of removing the canvas.
    ________
    Mazda rx-8 specifications
    Last edited by jetpilot2002; 03-06-2011 at 02:51 AM.

We tow with ours all the time and leave it up, we have adjusted it with a slight downward tilt in the front so there is always down force from the wind. I will be adding my swivel seat this winter, sadly its only a few weeks away in the NW.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Does the tilt help you in the corners? You sound like one of those NASCAR Crew Chiefs talking about down force.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I pulled my boat to Shasta from Salem and back home with the z5 on, no problems. Anytime I stop for gas I will do a quick check, but so far no issues.