Default drilling holes in ski locker floor?

03 LSV

well my ski locker ballast drain pump quit working yesterday. thats what started this all.

my ski locker has always been nasty always damp and everything is covered in an oily gunk so i suspect its always been that way.
    well while trying to work on the pump i notice there was about 2" of standing water in the ski locker under the sack.
    there appears to be a drain hole at the back of the ski locker. white, and about 1/2" diameter. then it steps down to about 1/4" at the end of it. i cant really see but then it appears to maybe go down to nothing. ie no hole. i tried jaming a 1/4" stick down it thinking maybe it was cloged. but it appears to just bottom out.

anyway the water is obviouly not draining out of it. is the ski locker above the level of the bilge? if i drill holes in the floor will it drain to the bilge and be pumped out? im sick of the standing water and the gooey oily mess in there.

help!

not sure on the ,03 but that hole should drain into the bilge area, take a shop vac and suc anything that might be stuck in the hole my .02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    03 LSV

well my ski locker ballast drain pump quit working yesterday. thats what started this all.

my ski locker has always been nasty always damp and everything is covered in an oily gunk so i suspect its always been that way.
    well while trying to work on the pump i notice there was about 2" of standing water in the ski locker under the sack.
    there appears to be a drain hole at the back of the ski locker. white, and about 1/2" diameter. then it steps down to about 1/4" at the end of it. i cant really see but then it appears to maybe go down to nothing. ie no hole. i tried jaming a 1/4" stick down it thinking maybe it was cloged. but it appears to just bottom out.

anyway the water is obviouly not draining out of it. is the ski locker above the level of the bilge? if i drill holes in the floor will it drain to the bilge and be pumped out? im sick of the standing water and the gooey oily mess in there.

help!

If your 03 is anything like my 07 lsv there is seperate random space under the actual ski locker floor. If you would drill into this it would not allow the water to drain to the bilge. This area under the floor is blocked from getting to the bilge. See the post at the top of this subforum to make more sense of this.
    Last edited by mk_deuce; 08-25-2010 at 10:05 AM.

My boat does this too. Its really lame. When you tried sticking a coat hanger (or whatever) in the hole, its bottoming out on the gas tank. There are a few options you have, because it seems no matter how long and at what angle you let the boat sit, you arent going to be able to get ALL the water to flow backwards into the bilge area. Its just a poor design. So you can either live with it or do a few different things. Firstly, I plugged my hole which keeps water from the bilge area entering the ski locker. Ok great, what happens when it rains, you take a roller over the bow, or you have excessive bathing suit water getting in there? So now Im attempting to figure out how to put an extra bilge pump in there and either "T" it into the ballast drain line post check valve OR run a dedicated line and hook it to an accessory switch at the helm. Theres always plugging the hole and just shop vac it out after each use, but thats another 10 mintures added to your tear down time after each use, and we all know these boats take up enough time as it is as far as maintenance goes.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

My showroom condition 03 drain her ski locker like a charm. 2 years ago i cleaned the holes both side with a shop vac and incerted a small stainless screen on the ski locker side.