Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have the 1235 on my boat, granted it is a Supra 21V but I have no clearance issues. I would go measure that amount of clearance that I have but the boat is in the shop right now waiting to be fixed.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by thesack View Post
    I have the 1235 on my boat, granted it is a Supra 21V but I have no clearance issues. I would go measure that amount of clearance that I have but the boat is in the shop right now waiting to be fixed.
    Yeah, I am sure it fits fine on the bigger boats.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Dug up this old thread... so think on a single axle Boatmate with a 08 Outback I'll have trailer issues with the Acme 1433? Also how smooth is it, vs the stock 3 blade OJ? Is the stock 3 blade OJ a CNC prop? Im hatin' my current stock 3 blade oj.. I'm suspecting it of causing vibrations at low speed (under 8 mph)
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

When i ordered my 1235 i went and measured the clearence between the blade and the trailer, granted its a 2010 lsv so it fit fine but cant you just go measure for clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Take a look at the Acme 1433. Huge holeshot, extremely smooth and quiet, no trailer clearance issues.
    ^^^^ 1433 is what I am running now. Same basic deal as deafgoose same oj prop but probably a different log
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

When you load your boat for the first time crank the boat on rather then powering on . Then check to see how much clearance you have. I would think you will be fine but I know one guy who was close going from the 13.7 to the 14.5.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Thanks... I'll have to check and measure.. any clue if the stock oj is CNC'd? Will the acme improve my vibration issues?

Quote Originally Posted by usaski1 View Post
    Thanks... I'll have to check and measure.. any clue if the stock oj is CNC'd? Will the acme improve my vibration issues?
    How is your alignment?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

The shim-kit is only $30 (or so) + shipping, well worth it.

The guy who owned my 2005 Launch 21V prior to my buying it, hit the 1235 on the trailer when loading. Sure, there is just barely enough clearance, but once angles and such come in to play, evidently you can still whack the prop. The shim kit is only about 3/8" (if memory serves) but evidently it's enough.

Speaking of the 1235, I sent it back to ACME to rebuild and it looks great. Hasn't been used because I have the second 1235 that came with the boat. If anyone's interested, I might as well sell the second 1235, I believe it's a bit of overkill when it's only my wife and I, and we're in South Florida (low altitude).

Now today I'm curious if anyone is running a acme 422 (4blade) on their outback, and what the difference was over stock OJ 3 blade... I know the nautiques use the 422 on their 196's... and I've never been in a bad 196...