Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ACME 1235 Prop 14.5 x 14.25 on 2008 Outback V?

I have been running an OJ 14.25x14 for 2 years with no problems until I hit a log. The prop is in the shop getting rebuilt but I purchased a 2nd prop so that I always have a backup ready.

I got the ACME 1235 because I am tired of the growl/vibration at 8-12mph while surfing.

The biggest worry I have is the clearance for the trailer. I never had a problem with the OJ prop hitting the trailer but I never looked to see how close it was. This prop would only be 1/8" bigger on each side compared to my previous prop.

I keep my boat in the water all season. I even swapped out a prop while the boat is still in the water with some googles because its such a pain to get the trailer and pull the boat out. I don't own a truck and the trailer is stored far away.

I just need confirmation that I wont be bending this new prop when I pull the boat out in the fall.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Youd think these prop manufacturers would have a database built by now with all this info. Just thinking out loud here. Interested to see what responses you get...
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I called Skiers Choice and the guy could not confirm if there is enough clearance for the trailer.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Take a look at the Acme 1433. Huge holeshot, extremely smooth and quiet, no trailer clearance issues.

Just reread your post and see that you've already purchased the 1235. That's an awesome prop and you won't be disappointed with the performance. I would call Boatmate and get the shim kit for the trailer bunks though.

deaf - I shimmed my 06 OBV trailer when I went to the acme 1433 (14.25" dia) because my clearance was very small (1/4 inch) taking into account the thicker cross beam on the prop cage. I got shims from boatmate for free.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I went with the acme 1433 when I damaged my OJ. Great prop, and of course no clearance issues with a '07 OBV. I know another member, bslide, put the acme 1235 on his '05 XLV and had to shim the trailer. He has dual axel boatmate trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    deaf - I shimmed my 06 OBV trailer when I went to the acme 1433 (14.25" dia) because my clearance was very small (1/4 inch) taking into account the thicker cross beam on the prop cage. I got shims from boatmate for free.

What was your stock prop? My stock prop was a 14.25 X 14 OJ, and I have more clearance with the 1433 acme than I did with the OJ.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    I have been running an OJ 14.25x14 for 2 years with no problems until I hit a log. The prop is in the shop getting rebuilt but I purchased a 2nd prop so that I always have a backup ready.

I got the ACME 1235 because I am tired of the growl/vibration at 8-12mph while surfing.

The biggest worry I have is the clearance for the trailer. I never had a problem with the OJ prop hitting the trailer but I never looked to see how close it was. This prop would only be 1/8" bigger on each side compared to my previous prop.

I keep my boat in the water all season. I even swapped out a prop while the boat is still in the water with some googles because its such a pain to get the trailer and pull the boat out. I don't own a truck and the trailer is stored far away.

I just need confirmation that I wont be bending this new prop when I pull the boat out in the fall.

I assume the acme 1235 has no vibration issues while surfing?

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    I assume the acme 1235 has no vibration issues while surfing?
    Nope!

Sounds like I need to order a shim kit. I contacted boatmate because I could not find it on their website.

Thanks guys!