Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

But you got a lot of toys to play with on your weekends LOL. All i got is a boat my truck and my woman..thats all im gonna say about that.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Some great educational info there Mike. All I know is that when my trailer did the same thing last year it was all related to a blown fuse.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Im a mechanical engineer so I have a fundamental problem with letting anyone work on my stuff besides me. Id change anything in this boat with my bare hands if I had to. But man, between the 4 dirtbikes, my crotch rocket, my tow vehicle, and my turbo daily driver, and this boat I barely ever have any free time lol.
    hey I am an ME too! I had several dirt bikes but sold them when I moved here because of no place to ride (St Joe paper company owns the Florida Panhandle and has it locked down tight). The wife is still refusing to let me get the Ducati! I changed my own brakes on the Touareg after the dealer wanted 1200 dollars and well you know the boat is another I take care of. And I have 2 young kids I love spending time with. So the last car we bought came with 36 months maintenance free, we spent another 7 bucks a month to make this for the life of the car! So I understand, too many toys!!! But you got to have fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thesack View Post
    Some great educational info there Mike. All I know is that when my trailer did the same thing last year it was all related to a blown fuse.
    I can see that happening and i wasn't meaning to impune anything you had mentioned, i can see if the valve wasn't getting power it might be dragging the brakes or something causing a shudder, i was more meaning to explain how it all works for those who don't know.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The one item I might add to this. The valve is operated by the back up lights on the tow vehicle. (Its wired into the plug)It allows the surge pressure to bypass and not apply breaks. When getting ready to back up stop slowly and place vehicle in reverse. Pause before backing up. This will give the fluid a chance to bleed off.

For the shuddering I agree with rotors warped/ low brake fluid and I would also check the saftey chain and make sure its not been pulled. There is a little lever on the underside you can push up and release the spring pressure for the safety line if its been partially pulled.

Side note I was having bad heating trouble last year drove me nuts! finally ran into a old mechanic/boater found the trouble. We drop and pull our boat in and out of the water 4-5 times a week. the break pads had gotten soft spongey from in and out of the water. There is no break return/release on these. Its the runout on the disks that knock the pads back away from the rotor. Soft pads no knock back..... Caliper rebuild kits new pads bearings and bearing buddys back in bussiness!
    '07 LSV