Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You can buy the Meguiar's 3 bottle kit with the oxidation remover/polish/wax at Amazon for $27.19 w/ free shipping. I just ordered mine. Got some light scratches from the dock that I'm looking forward to getting rid of.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...140_208&fsc=13
    2006 Outback DD

+1 to you man! I almost just pulled the trigger on the $47 price tag or whatever it was...
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

That ($27) is one heck of a good deal.
    I got a good discount from the distributor and paid nearly $50 (w/tax).
    I just pumped off an email to Amazon asking why it's not carried in the .ca catalogue.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

I also have some minor stress fracture issues. 2005 Moomba XLV, I must say for the first 5 years this boat has been amazing. Nothing but small standard maintenance issues that were always taken care of.

For 1 month now I have been struggling to get answers on what will be done about this. In the mean time I'm making the final few payments and stuck on land. I'm still a skiers choice fan and am hoping they do the right thing to keep me a happy customer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Thread is a bit stale now, but I was asked to report back on the Meguiars kit. (Hey, I cautioned that it would be a while).
    Very impressed by the Oxidation Remover / Heavy Duty Cleaner. Applied with an 8" 3800 RPM buffer.
    My transom was a mess. Countless scratches over 4 seasons (darn wakeboarders! ). Enclosed is an after shot. (Before shot didn't turn out).
    A before/after shot of the edge of the swim platform, also enclosed.
    It also brought the rub rail back to life.
    Is it perfect? No. It might be, if I had a week to stand on the buffer, but for sure it is 90% better. I should consider stepping up to the Power Cut Compound for the stubborn ones.
    Over two days I put in about 15 solid hours top to bottom (interior/exterior/trailer).
    In the end, it will impress...well, nobody but the owner, but that's boating life. I was very annoyed at all the nicks, and am very satisfied with the result.
    (Note: Unless you can find a way for these products to miraculously polish up the house interior at the same time, you are not going to get any domestic credit for your 15 hours)!

The polish purports to: "restore valuable oils to feed and nourish the surface" as well as "restore optimal gloss". It takes effort, because it needs to be wiped before it dries, unlike wax, and that is a huge distinction. Small areas at a time.

I did apply the wax afterward, because I had it (with the kit) and it's by far the easiest step, but I think it was a waste of time and effort. It's supposed to deepen the gloss produced by the polish and provide lasting protection, but the difference in gloss was impercepable, and it'll be gone the first cleaning after the first use in the Spring, courtesy of the vinegar/water de-scaling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Here is a list of compounds/polishes/waxes that I use and the gel looks like a mirror....

I get most of these items on autogeek.net

Klasse All in one Polish & acrylic sealant
    Wizard's Shine Master Polish & sealant
    Wizard's Turbo Cut compound (for oxidation and surface scratches)
    Poorboy's World Super Swirl remover sample kit
    Collinite liquid insulator wax, paste fleetwax, & fiberglass boat wax
    Babe's boat bright (Used during wipe down and in between waxes) Also works great on windshield.

I am a bit anal when it comes to keeping the gel clean, waxed and free of scum, but in the end it pays off and for being an 11 year old boat the gel looks better than some boats that are a few years old !!!!!!
    (I guess I will have to take a pic.)
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL