Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well then either you are the exception or you are lousy at negotiating.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I thought you were right on the money with Stella.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ed I think you are the other exception, not owing anything on it, you don't have to make next months payment so you can wait and get what you want and need out of it.

Saskyrider, did you buy basically site unseen? Ask for a few extra pictures and go with it? I think at some point you have to have some trust in the deal and of course if it is junk you just walk away and are out gas.

very true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "Most of the time "firm price" means they are lousy at negotiating or they owe that much."

Hey Now!!

When I sold my 2003, I didn't owe a dime on it, and I knew I wasn't taking a penny less than my asking price.

Buyer asked me "would you take such and such", I replied with an emphatic "NO", he then said "ok".
    When we decide to sell something I decide on the min price we will take. Then I jack that price way up. When it comes time to sell it the purchaser thinks they really got a good deal because they were able to talk me way down. So they feel good and jump at the deal while all along I feel good too because I got what I wanted!
    I was hoping to get 3k for that old MasterCraft. I listed it for 5k and was talking down to 4.5k. Yeah he left happy and we were very happy!

I believe with any deal, if both the buyer and seller are happy, then it doesn't matter what you paid...

never forget in my old circuit city days managing the store one night. 2 couples, both buying the exact same camcorder package. lt was late on a sat night. at the end of the night, there was a $350 difference between what both couples paid on what started out as a $1500 package. both were happy, so in my mind, was a win. cheaper couple did homework and asked for a discount and got it, other couple didn't.

always pays to do your homework and it never hurts to try to negotiate...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Pricing

I followed about 10 slightly used (about 1 to 4 years old) boats on ebay, craigslist and boatrader.com I checked the NADA and offered what I had cash, on 8 of the 10 boats. all 8 rejected the offer. 2 months later 2 responded one with a counter offer, one in desperation to accept. I got the boat I wanted (5 mos old) about $6000.00 under the NADA and $10,000 less than new.

I'd not buy one til you put it in the water, and run it!

With patience, and not falling in love with one boat, the strategy seemed to work, though I offended a lot of boat owners, with my low offer.

Peace
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

There's guys that make a living buying properties that way. Money talks. Sometimes even a little money will get it done. It's all about the timing.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I bought my boat on August 10th and i made probably 15 offers on other boats before i got this one... i have had 3 call backs this week from guys willing to accept the offer i had put in.... best one was an 07 LSV with 300 hours, guy was willing to accept 28.5K CAD. It needed PP, a cover and tower speakers...

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Well I don't mind offending, even if I don't really mean to. I have what I am willing to spend, want more than I can afford, and will gladly see if someone will take it. You never know when it will be an offensive moment vs I'll take it moment.