Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Finally!!! Ballast Upgrade GI to GIII

I have some pics i will add some text later. got the floor up . One man job

Pulled the floor, crap all over the dock including new wiring harness, mounted fused block and got wired. marked and mapped out ballast plate location. drank beer...

Extra piece of engine hose just lying between the gas tank and ski locker ( dock stuff pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmvotto; 08-20-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default GI to GIII

more pics to the project

drank one more beer, cut out hole with dremel, burned dremel out, got backup rotrozip to finished job, mounted plate. ran wires from kick plate to the v drive on top of gas tank replaced gI with GIII sprinkler system( thanks Brain) mounted rule drain pumps under manifold exhaust ( a Biatch) rear compartments
    Last edited by jmvotto; 08-20-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default gi to GIII continued

pics contiued..... took about 5 hrs for one person

Drink more beer get out drill and hole saw. cut and remove carpet, mounted thru-hull and drain hose.

do the same on port side, too drunk to take pics .looks the same except no fuel line or bildge line. (found it, now posted)

finally remember to put extra hose under the floor from ski loccker to v drive area to fill bow sac ( future upgrade) gi wiring and switch still in place on dash for the bow sac. Put alll away and drink more
    Last edited by jmvotto; 08-23-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Looks good and please keep up with the documentation. I'll be watching this thread very closely!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Well done! Need I say more.

I'll drink to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Looks good and please keep up with the documentation. I'll be watching this thread very closely!
    Not as hard as i thought. had all the right tools and some back ups. flexible drill driver attachment was helpful in tight spots. I'll take some more pics of the bags and rear hoses, but the project is complete. with the exception of bow and that will probably be done next spring...

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post

Well done! Need I say more.

I'll drink to that.

LOL thanks I sure didhave a few after words, even went out for a surf..

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Great work Joe! Lot of satisfaction in doing a big job yourself, isn't it?? One question I have is, why did you mount the switches so low? That's where the factory mounted mine and I hated them down there so I moved them up. Easy to accidentally bump a switch and not know it, and have to crank your neck down there to check the status of the switches. Seemed like you had room to mount them up higher?

One thing I did is to wire all my ballast switches to a spare "ACC" switch on the dash so that I can turn off power to the ballast switches when I don't want the driver to accidentally turn one on/off.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,

i seriously thought about putting the switch plate where you did. I have my radio remote and wake plate there. I also thoought about future trade in value and resale to make it OEM, hopefully i won't have any problems with accidental bumps i do like the idea to power the whole ballast system from an acc switch, that would be real easy to do.

Thanks. it is satisfying to do it yourself but sometimes its nice to just have it done...I do have my stereo install done, but its not as clean as i want so i have not posted it up yet.

funny story we surfed thus after my project and the drain pump would not work. light all worked front left all fill and drained except for my 750... so i had to drain manually with the over the side tsunami pump.. today i went in the locker took out the divider to check if the new pump was bad, found out i never plugged in the deutch connectors to the drain pump could have been the beer quick fix all is good.. my bud wanted to ski after we surfed. told him it was ok, it will lay down with the 750 full, he did not by it....

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

jmvotto, Great install. I am still working on mine and will now change it a little because of what you did with your drian pumps.

With your friend that wanted to ski you could of also told him you are testing how good of a skier he really is.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill