Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platform

Default Platform

Has anybody modified their platform to clean the lip of the wake?

I know I wish I could modify mine. When I'm fully loaded with over 3,000lbs my platform digs in pretty good.

Don't know if I'd suggest riding like behind it like this, but you could pull your platform off and leave it on the dock or on the beach and eye-ball what your wave looks like.

Mine comes off with two pins pretty easily - I'm guessing the newer boats are similar?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'm adding new ballast bags this weekend and i'm going to see how bad it cuts into the wake. I've heard of people removing the lip of the platform where it cuts into the wake. I just wondered if anyone did that to their Moombas.

I have a Centurion and get the 2nd lip when slammed and not dialed-in perfect. Long story short is we (another Centurion owner with different model) tried a short, slightly raised platform and the lip went away and the face was clean. NOBODY liked the small deck. We are going back to our large fiberglass deck, but we are going to try to put some bondo under it to smooth it out. My buddy plans on putting a curved trailing lip if you want to call it that so the water has something to follow and create less turbulance.

A few people with teak have rounded off the corners to get rid of the 2nd lip. Helps a bit with the height of the wave but I didn't feel much of a difference.

Good tip to just run without a swimdeck, not towing anyone to see what it looks like without it.

in the wakesurf section of wakeworld, there's some extensive threads including video of shortened/modded swimdecks from others, and a great writeup by ragboy on this topic. general consensus is a huge rooster tail with the swimdeck removed. cleaning up the bottom of it seems to yield the best results..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I don't plan on surfing without a platform.

At a recent jamboree I noticed the lip on the fiberglass decks and the lack of one on the teak deck.

I've purchased a piece of marine grade 3/4" plywood and made this one. I routered the edges and then put a V-groove about 1 1/2" on the inside edge for a finger grab. I had planned on Rhino lining this and if the results were good....topping it with a Seadek. However, the Rhino lining is going to be $240 so I'm searching for other options. Now thinking of fiberglassing it, which should be much cheaper. Here's a couple of pics...

This is of the new deck on top of the existing deck. I either need to order new brackets or remove and use the old ones....

'05 Supra 21V Launch

Thats a good idea. I might do the same. That is cheaper than wrecking an expensive platform.