Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Dang sorry to hear about this. It is good to hear no one was seriously hurt since that could have gone the other way real quick. Make sure if you report that to the police if you have not already done so.

If you are down in the Eugene area let me know and i would be happy to take you out on the water so you are not off for 4 weeks.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Man I'm fuming mad just thinking about the prospect of it. I'm glad everyone is OK as it could have been MUCH MUCH worse. Just goes to show you that the idiot tubers don't just drive I/O's They also can drive $80K boats.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Very glad you and your crew are all OK. Can't imagine what I would have done if that had been me with my wife & 3 kiddos on board. Part of the payment to you should receive is full use of that a-hole's boat until yours is repaired.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 08-20-2010 at 08:25 AM.

What a freaking moron!! That is down right scary. Someone could have easily gotten killed. I was probably on the same stretch of river tonight.

Glad that nobody got hurt.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Make sure you let AWS know that you want the executive level treatment-- everything perfect again. So glad everybody's OK.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It also occurred to me that you can go rent a boat and make them pay for it. You would be entitled to a rental car if this was your car. It's the same for a boat. This has nothing to do with insurance -- it's the value of your damages.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

kane good point on the boat rental....

Glad everyone was ok, ( except the boat) this is why there should be a mandatory boating test. just because you can drive a car does not mean you know how to operate a boat. f.....g Idiots
    How did he "not" know he hit you? bet the police would want to investigate that a little further..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Wow that really blows imagine nobody heard this guy God bless you all.
    Was wondering how the heck did he clip the top of your boat ??
    06 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    kane good point on the boat rental....

Glad everyone was ok, ( except the boat) this is why there should be a mandatory boating test. just because you can drive a car does not mean you know how to operate a boat. f.....g Idiots
    How did he "not" know he hit you? bet the police would want to investigate that a little further..
    Oregon does have a boating test called the Oregon Boater Education Card. I have one but it was damn easy to get. Did it online and you could take it as many times as you wanted till you passed. Very similar to the Canadian version whihc is also a joke. (and tax grab)

Sounds like the guy was either high or drunk. Sorry about your boat and like others have mentioned on this thread, hit his insurance company hard!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

We called the sheriff right after it happened, but they did not respond because no one was seriously injured. Not even when we had questions as to the sobriety of the driver of the other boat. When I first got my boat i stored it on the river at a buddies dock, which is right across the river of the dock of the Tige that hit us. So i know very well how he spends his days on the river and how he "boats".

AWS gives me the presidental treatment these days. With the time they had it with the broken drive shaft and now this, they will be seeing it more this summer then me. Just glad that we are cold weather riders.

We will look into a rental boat, but I have a feeling that they will try and fight it because it is a recreational thing and not a necessity.

The test to get your boaters education card was a joke to begin with because you could take it online and just look up the answers. Now though you have to read each section and answer questions about it afterwards. Each section has a minimum time that it takes to read through.

He hit so high up on the boat because we were fully weighted. I have 750's on either side of the motor for wakeboarding. And my swim deck is usually 6" under water when we are at rest. If we weren't fully weighted I can only imagine what damage could have been done. More then likely the entire transom would need replacing. I also keep thinking about what if he didnt do the slight turn he did when he hit us. He would have gone on top of my boat. I had no where to go either since i was sitting in the drivers seat. We are all just very lucky.

His insurance company is going to love him after this one. I am getting the quote later on today, but I am expecting it to be at least 10K. They have to completely rebuild and reshape the fiberglass on the top deck, remove the swim deck brackets and fix the cracks and find where and why it is leaking water there, replace the swim deck, replace all 3 cushions, and whatever else i dont know about yet.

Jester thanks for the invite. I'm down in Eugene all the time, too bad its for work and not pleasure though.

Cab you were more then likely in the same area and probably have been numerous times. It happened about a .5 mile up river from Champoeg at the second to last bend in the river before you get to the straightaway that the Champoeg dock is at. And FYI this guys dock is the first one down river from Champoeg on the Champoeg side of the river. You can't miss it, it has a red boat house.
    Nate