Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default I'm off the river for 4 weeks or so now...

Out last night at my local riding spot. My rider falls and we go back to pick him up because he is done. Shut off the boat as he is getting in and he proceeds to stand on the swim platform. And we are just there floating maybe 100 feet off shore. See an orange Tige with a black hull turn at the bend towards us pulling a tuber. No big deal right.... Well he kept driving right at us. We starting yelling at him and waving at him trying to get his attention because there is no way we have time to start the boat and get out of his way. See him start to turn to the right of us, then right when you think he noticed us he turns back right at us. The next thing you know I have guys jumping off the swim platform and out of the boat to avoid being hit by this guy. He more or less 50/50ed the back of my boat. He said he saw us, but then lost us in the sun. (Going to refrain from saying certain things that would make this forum go to rated R real fast) Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

Nate

Didn't take a pic of it, but the swim platform brackets are all cracked out around and one side has water dripping out of it.
    Nate

Wow, I'm speechless. Glad no one was hurt, and boats can be repaired. Be sure to investigate diminished value.

That blowwwwwwss. I would have been so mad.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

That is nuts and I am so sorry to hear about it. I have thought about this sort of thing before but have never had any where near even a close call, let alone something like this! Insurance is a great thing at times like this! I hope everything goes well getting it back to tip top shape.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I was pretty mad after it happened, but kept my cool.

I seriously do not think they guy knew that he had hit us until we were yelling at him afterwards. He was about 400 feet away from us when he stopped. His insurance is picking up the bill on this one. I'm guessing around 10K with all the damage that is done. We will see, i get the estimate tomorrow from AWS.
    Nate

the sack - When the angle of a bright and setting sun incapacitates a driver's view, he must - MUST - stop. This guy who hit your rig might as well have been driving with his eyes closed. I shutter to think of the injury or death he could have caused. Just unbelievable. Man, am I glad you are okay. Get that rig fixed and back on the water. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

We kept asking each other if he saw us then lost us in the sun WTF didnt he stop his boat. My buddy is really lucky that the he jumped the right way off the swim platform. Things could have been so much worse, and luckily its just a boat that needs to be repaired.

I've seen the boat that hit is numersous times on the water and at his dock, lets just say I am pretty confident outside factors that can affect your brain entired into his lack of driving ability as well.
    Nate

as mentioned above, DEMAND Diminished Value from the other insurance...
    That will not help much when you sell!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

It is almost shocking to me that more damage wasn't done. Glad everyone was OK.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier