Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

I saw it coming too. Haven't actually talked to the adjuster since last monday, was told of the offer that is coming in a voicemail from him this morning. Called him back a little over an hour ago seeking what information they actually need for the diminished value claim and where to send it so that our lawyer can send it to them.

I am kind of amused that the adjuster is unaware if diminished value is something that is recoverable in Oregon. Sounds like a good excuse on his part. Pretty sure that it is recoverable since there are laywers here who deal in that and since my insurance agent and the Progressive adjuster both said for us to seek it.

Can't wait for this headache to go away!
    Nate

Sled491 Guest

OMG this just sucks !!

So the #?*! insurance guy couldn't tell me last week that they were going to send us a check for the repairs and handle the diminished value separately. So today my boat is going to start being fixed. Actually went to AWS to talk to matt and let him know they could start, they had one boat in the glass room that was just about finished then mine was next to go in. He was hoping they could get start today but didn't know for sure. I went upstairs to talk about the wetsuit I have on order and by the time I went to leave my boat was already in the glass room waiting to get started after lunch. FINALLY!!!! Just hope that SC gets all the parts to AWS asap.
    Nate

it's waz about time...

Sled491 Guest

Very cool, or it's about time, which ever you choose

That rental boat's getting expensive for them, right?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default TheSack

I have Boat US insurance on my supra and have not had any problems with them. I live in Florida and had a claim last year when my engine had a cracked cylinder. I filed a claim and 2 days later the adjuster contacted me from Boat US and said they wanted to send an investiagtor to the dealer to check it out. I met the investigator there 2 days after the adjuster had called me and had a check for the amount of a new engine 4 days later. Im sure it has to do alot with the adjuster and investigator that gets assigned to you. Do not take this the wrong way as I am not defending them but just giving my personal experience. Make sure you do not allow them to close the claim out after you receieve the check. They did try to close my claim after i recieved the check and I made them leave it open until all the work on my boat was complete incase it turned out to be more damage.

Good luck with the repairs and hope it turns out wel for you. As Kane said I would make them cover a rental boat since there is not much of the summer left which you are going to miss.

I would hope that Boat US would give better service then I have recieved, but still from what I have experienced with them I am glad I went with Progressive. Having an adjuster here, rather then across the country makes things go much smoother and faster. I think one of the reasons why things have taking so long with my boat though is that my claim is boat on boat rather then the typical claim of self inflicted boat damage.

I went into AWS on Friday to warranty a pair of bindings and decided to take a look at my boat. I was amazed at how far there were already on the fiberglass repair. The top deck was pretty much finished, except for some minor sanding/shaping. Still have to gelcoat it, but I think that will happen after they fix the swim platform brackets. But I am thinking that they will be done with the fiberglass/gelcoat by friday. Still waiting on the upholstery and swim platfrom to come in from SC. Hopefully they will send it ASAP.
    Nate

Default great

Glad to hear your boat repair is coming along nicely. Hopefully you can get a couple more runs in before it gets cold out.

glad it is getting fixed. I hate the whole situation for ya though... Never heard of the "diminished value" thing before... Definitly something to keep in mind...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)