Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Luke... i am a new Moomba owner and i'll give you a rundown of the reasons why i purchased my 05 Mobius LSV

- i hit the internet (just like your doing) and did a ton of reading... this was my first V-drive boat and i wanted to make sure i was getting what i wanted I noticed a lot of good things being said about Moomba boats of all types.

- i called skier's choice a couple of times with questions about boats and both times i got super quick helpful advice with out a big wait for returned phone calls.

- i also shopped around quite a bit and the one thing that quickly became clear is that you could get a Moomba for a very reasonable price compared to Malibu, Mastercraft, Supra..... and get the same options or close to anyways.

Then i found the deal i was looking for and purchased my boat, only having seen pictures. It was a great experience and just last night i got a call from the young guy i purchased it from asking for my mailing address because he had found some more stuff he thought should go with the boat!! BONUS!!

AFTER PURCHASE REPORT-----

- so far we have put 8 hours on the boat in the last 10 days and i've had to deal with a couple things. First off was replacing the wakeplate gauge, the old gauge had broken and a new gauge and wiring harness came with the boat, the problem was that they've changed the gauges from 05 to now so i needed a wiring diagram... one quick call to Anthony and problem solved. Then the scary one... the oil pressure gauge quit working!!! that scared the crap out of me, but after checking the oil and taking a second look at the gauge i realised that it was getting no signal as it was pegged to the left way past the 0. Turned out the wire at the OPSU had come off... whew!! Anyways another call to anthony about the location of the OPSU and problem fixed.

also one of the most important things is having a dealer close by.... (for me that means inside of 4 hours) I live in the boonies.. lol! They have also been very helpful with questions as well.

I have a friend that has a 2002 Malibu Wakesetter VLX and in my opinion the boat is finished off nicer than my LSV, but he is also a very very picky person and really babies his boat so it still looks like new. He had the opportunity to ride in mine last night and he was very impressed with the boat and couldn't believe the deal i got (26K CAD) on it.

hope this helps...

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    also one of the most important things is having a dealer close by....
    So true. Close by to where you live or keep the boat.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

We bought our 06 Mobius LSV in 2008 with 60 hours on it. It's now on it's 3rd summer with us and we have yet to have any problems, knock on wood. It now has over 300 hours on it and still runs like a champ. The finishes on MC and others are better but for the best bang for your buck, Moomba is def the way to go.

The 2006 and newer LSV is an instant classic. It's the perfect size and the hull is made to "do everything well". It's not a comp ski boat but you can ski behind it without the rope chasing your friends out of the back seat. It's not really a tournament wakeboard boat but you can sack it out and it's close-- plus your kids can learn to wakeboard behind it without being too intimidated or having a washed out wake at lower speeds. It's not a massive surf boat but it makes a very nice clean surf wake when you add one 750 bag to the surf side. Something happened at SC when they decided to make this boat. They made great boats before but this one is incredible. Then they followed it up with the new OBV in '09. It's another "do everything well" boat, just in a different size. I had a 2000 Outback LS and the boat plus the community convinced me to buy Moomba again. I couldn't be happier with my choice.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default New owner here, too

I bought a 2007 XLV in February - the previous owner bought it new for $54,000. I paid $35K - essentially paid off his loan. I love the size, but wanted a 23' boat after riding in my friends Wakesetter 23. His is much fancier, but he can have it. I paid way less, and got a terrific boat. We have 3 kids, and have a minimum of 9-10 people every time with room to spare.

We just spent a week on Lake Coeur d'Alene in Idaho. No issues for me yet - runs like a champ!

We bought our 07 Mobius LS in March of 07, and my only problem is keeping the gas tank full! The boat is in the water starting in early April and doesn't get pulled out until late september, except for our family vacation. We have had absolutely zero issues with our boat.

One advantage of Moomba is that their boats have few unnecessary extras. The less crap you have loaded onto your boat, the less there is to go wrong. That's even an advantage over Supra (which are built by the same people).

I want a ski boat with a good wake and a reliable engine. The only electronic "extra" that is important to me is Perfect Pass. Everything else is just something to cause problems.

If I were to buy an new one today, it would be another Outback. The only other boat I would consider is a Malibu, but you would have to explain to me what value and how many more headaches I would be getting for that extra $25 000.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

This summer is the first time we have ever owned a SC product. Bought a brand new LSV in June and have about 60 hours on it so far. No major issues but a few small imperfections and little kinks that need to be worked out but thats more of a dealer issue than anything. Everyone is right about the LSV, it is just a good all around boat. Does everything well, but not great. Since I am not a pro wakeboarder, and we don't have one purpose when boating, it was important to us to get a boat that the whole family could enjoy and not have too many sacrafices with.

With that said so far issues that have come up:

-Ballast system needs tweaking with the centre locker bag. Switch will randomly stop filling sometimes and the pump is sucking in air causing the bag to fill with air and will not fill all the way

-Vinyl on engine cover was cut too large around the handle to lift the cover up and you can see the foam under the vinyl

-Small soft spot in the front bow that needs attention

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    One advantage of Moomba is that their boats have few unnecessary extras. The less crap you have loaded onto your boat, the less there is to go wrong. That's even an advantage over Supra (which are built by the same people).

I want a ski boat with a good wake and a reliable engine. The only electronic "extra" that is important to me is Perfect Pass. Everything else is just something to cause problems.

If I were to buy an new one today, it would be another Outback. The only other boat I would consider is a Malibu, but you would have to explain to me what value and how many more headaches I would be getting for that extra $25 000.
    Well this is almost exactly us and my thinking. We want to be able to enjoy it without having to baby everything in it. After spending the day in the $100,000 worth of Mastercraft, I really found more issues with it than enjoyables. It was nice has nice wake, but it was actually difficult to drive other than on its PP settings, it is so computerized you could not change it without going into about 5 screens that is jsut something else to break. Keep the comments coming if you have them, but thanks for all of you that have replied. I expect issues, but even on the mastercraft forums there are several topics for people that paid over triple what I want to pay and do not even have their boats in the water due to all fo the issues.