Default Dead on water as I write. Help possibly!?!

Was filling fat sacs using cigarette lighter. It started making popping sounds and everything went dead. Looked under and noticed the two wires running to the back of the lighter had melted the coating and touched. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like the wire was overfused or the fuse element failed.

You can seperate the wires for now and wrap them in elec tape and fuse according to wire gauge and that should at least get you going again in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by tysonma View Post
    Was filling fat sacs using cigarette lighter. It started making popping sounds and everything went dead. Looked under and noticed the two wires running to the back of the lighter had melted the coating and touched. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Check the resettable breaker in the battery compartment, it probably tripped. There is a lever that you have to rotate to reset the breaker.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

if the cigerette lighter is fused by a resettble breaker than that is most likely the issue right there. Breakers are never as good as fuses and will fail.

Thanks for the quick replies! I ended up gettin pulled in by a fellow boater (gotta love good people)
    Gonna take a closer look tomorrow and see if I can get the problem solved.

Thanks again!

This is an example of why you should put your location and boat info in your profile. If you have an older Outback you won't find the main breaker behind the observer's seat next to the battery. Instead, you will be looking for the red button on the back of the engine.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted.......I'd like to know the culprit!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Back on the water! At least i will be when I get off work. I found the reset button and that was all it took. Glad that was all it, but felt like a dumb@$$ not know where it was.
    I will replace the wires that run to the cig lighter so that they are stong enough to support the tsunami pumps. I just didn't know where to find the reset button on my model boat. Lesson learned!

PS, while sittin on the water trying to figure out what to do. I said I'm gonna get on the moomba site and see what the guys there say. I had to explain that this was a forum made up of moomba boat owners and I guaranteed a response within five minutes. When it happened they were all pretty suprised how quick I got a response, so thanks to all!

Tyson