Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up

This sounds awesome and the dates listed would be perfect for me.

Keep us posted!

Bashton

I think this is a great idea. I'm probably the farthest away but I'm marking the calendar. Look forward to more details as they develop.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

this sounds great; I was going to do a long weekend of ski instruction at the liquid edge but if this event is a go I'll do it instead. LONG LIVE THE LOST ART OF SLALOM
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

man i wish this was closer.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    this sounds great; I was going to do a long weekend of ski instruction at the liquid edge but if this event is a go I'll do it instead. LONG LIVE THE LOST ART OF SLALOM

Do both ...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Do both ...
    If I can swing it I will, but you know how it gets in the summer- too few weekends to fit everything in. All I'm saying is that if I have to pick one over the other moomba event wins out.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I am IN for this!

Will keep an eye on the posts for updates.

Bashton

Back to my experience with the MC dealer in Northern Michigan. we were on a pulbic lake slalom course, but didn't have any issues with water conditions. We weren't setting world records just getting some tips and having a good time.

the pro was Wade Cox. He was really cool to hang with. Just a regular dude with so much knowledge. We all left with a few things to work on and the knowledge to understand where our skiing was headed.

Looking at the ideas here sounds good. I don't think you need different lakes for different level skiers. Generally speaking, pro skiers are so knowledgeable, they can bring things down to begginer level or step it up to really, really short line stuff.

Been to Jack Travers a few years ago with my kids. they were probably 6 and 8 or so. and Jack had no problems working with them at their level, me at the adv. recreational level and some non english speaking folks that were tearin' it up really shortline.

One site and one pro might be enough, depending on how many skiers are coming.

Guys - No slalom clinic for the 2011 season.

Though such an event is of interest to a number of us on the two SC forums and it did take some initial shape, we came across a couple of challenges to pulling the event together completely.

I’m grateful to the folks at Ultimate Wake Watersports and HO Sports who gave this a run with me. We started on this in October of last year. Collectively we determined it best to pass on the 2011 season.

I encourage you to check out the August 5 – 6 Malibu Open in Milwaukee, WI and August 7 – 13 Goode Water Ski National Championships in Wilmington, IL. Both of these are a great opportunity to see top talent on the slalom course and rub shoulders with the best in the world.

Thanks for the interest and feedback. I will take another look at this for the 2012 season. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 04-15-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Thanks for the effort - it was looking more like I would not be able to make it so now I don't feel bad about backing out.

If there are members out there who might be insterested in similar clinic type format I can probably point you to a couple of them. Since it is a business I am not sure if posting them here would be consitent with the intent of the board. But you can PM me if you want.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off