Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 2011 Slalom Ski Event?

Am working with a Skiers Choice dealer, world class ski manufacturer, and private lake on a 2011 slalom ski school for Moomba and Supra owners. Tow rig would be Skiers Choice boat, most likely an Outback. Location would be near Chicago. Probably a weekend in July or August. Would include coaching from top slalom ski talent, video sessions, and demo skis. There will be a cost for use of the private lake. For those coming from out of the area, there will be cost for hotel and meals. Right now this is in concept stage, but dealer is on board to help make it happen. First sit down meeting with all of the above parties to establish more details will be late September. For now, feel free to let me know your thoughts (wish list, nice to have, must have, issues) and I will take these with me to the meeting. When I have details of how this proposed weekend might look, I'll post them here for everyone to see and then need to get an idea of whether or not there is a sufficient level of appetite among us owners to move forward. I for one think it would be cool to spend a weekend with flat water and a bunch of fellow Moomba/Supra owners who share the same interest in slalom skiing.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I might be interested in this.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I'd be down for this- just would need a few months notice so I can make sure to be off work. It would be a good time for the things you mentioned plus I'm sure some group question and answer sessions with the pro or a seminar and I'm sure some social mixing.

The Indiana waterski association does a lot of clinics and learn to ski days and it seems like the main snag is liability. They tap into the USA waterski insurance program but that means all participants have to be a member of USA waterski.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Sled491 Guest

You know I'm in. Could I invite my crew/fellow week in week out skiers?

Smile

Finally got to a computer that i can reply from,this sounds interesting.Keep us posted,with details etc.
    07 Outback DD

I would love to be a part of this. The first two weekends in August are already booked for me, but if this happens in July or the other weekends in August, count me (and hopefully Ian, pending recovery), in!

Bashton
    2008 DD Outback

I think this is a great idea. I'm probably the farthest away but I'm marking the calendar. Look forward to more details as they develop.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

this sounds great; I was going to do a long weekend of ski instruction at the liquid edge but if this event is a go I'll do it instead. LONG LIVE THE LOST ART OF SLALOM
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

man i wish this was closer.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    this sounds great; I was going to do a long weekend of ski instruction at the liquid edge but if this event is a go I'll do it instead. LONG LIVE THE LOST ART OF SLALOM

Do both ...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off