Default Exhaust puncture

I have a hole in the exhaust. It's about the size of the tip of a pinky finger. The whole is flowing a constant stream of water into the engine compartment. bilge works fine so it is mitigating most of the water intake. What material can I use to patch the whole?

High temp quick steel? High temp JB Weld? MIG welder?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Is the hole in the manifold,hose,muffler,thru hull?
    04 LSV

Are you sure it's not the muffler drain? If so you just need to find the screw in the bilge area. Even if it's not the drain I'd be tempted to "patch it" in the same way the drain hole is plugged - self tapping screw. Any other patch you run a good chance of failure due to constant water/heat exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Are you sure it's not the muffler drain? If so you just need to find the screw in the bilge area. Even if it's not the drain I'd be tempted to "patch it" in the same way the drain hole is plugged - self tapping screw. Any other patch you run a good chance of failure due to constant water/heat exposure.
    Good suggestion, brain, that he might be missing the drain screw. I was just wondering how the heck you poke a pinky size hole in the muffler.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Ya - and where is the hole? manifold, exhaust tube, ect.... That would make a difference.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet