Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Water Below false floor in ski locker

I know there's been others that have had this issue, but I haven't been able to contact those members to get feedback on how they ended up resolving the issue. Here is a picture taken from within the ski locker looking toward the bow. When I step in the ski locker, actually in the front half of the locker, I can hear water squishing below the false floor. Then it will also squish out of the area where the false floor meets with the hull toward the bow. To illustrate this, the area just under the white box in the picture (the white box is where I tried to add text to describe the picture, but I'm not too good with the Paint program) is where the false floor (black) meets the bow hull (pink fiberglass). Right there is where the water squishes out when I step into the ski locker and put pressure against the false floor. In that area, it looks like there is sealant to the left of that space and sealant to the right of that space (presumably sealing the false floor to the hull), but no sealant in the V part of where they touch. I called SC and Reed referred me to my local dealer (45 miles away), and the dealer said they've never heard of that before, and would need to take a look. I'm planning to bring the boat up there tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone else has any ideas or feedback on:
    1. is this normal?
    2. If yes, how to get the water out periodically.
    3. If no, how do I get it dried out and properly sealed up to prevent it in the future?

Thanks,
    Mike

2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Took it to my local dealer, Forest Lake Motorsports in MN, and they have seen this issue before. They've had a body shop do the work on previous boats to fix this issue. The dealer has submitted a warranty claim to Skier's Choice, so we're waiting to hear back from them. Estimate was $1,100 to fix the issue, so I really hope this is covered.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Let's hope it all works out in your favour. Hey, on a side note, any chance you could post a picture of your wake at 30 and 36 mph with the wake plate all the way down? I want to see how big it is in comparison to my OBV.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

I won't have the boat on the water until 9/4 due to other commitments, but I will do it then and post them.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

No worries. I posted the same request in the waterskiing section but nobody has responded......
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Type "Nasty Mat" in the search box & it should pull up a detailed thread on this. Mine does the same thing. The only fix I see for this is drilling a hole in the bottom of the ski locker & use some type of pump/siphon to suck the water out. Filling the hole with a removable plug would be necessary also then. Other than being annoying, the water doesnt seem to be really hurting anything so I doubt I would pay a shop $1100 to fix it!!

duece - what boat do you have? Also, does anyone know who kojack is? I've sent him a PM regarding what he did about this issue in his boat, but haven't heard from him. In the Nasty Mat II thread, he said he used a hole saw to get below the ski locker then used a gas cap type of cap to close it off, then uses a shop vac to extract the water. I'm trying to figure out what type of cap, where the hole was drilled, and how to secure the cap in the newly-drilled hole.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

my boat is an 07 mobius lsv. All on your questions are great questions and should be answered before you tackle the project of putting a hole in your ski locker. If I knew exactly how the boat is built below the locker I could be of more help. Unfortunately this is kind of project is a "learn as you go" type thing. Probably the easiest way to plug the hole would be to drill the smallest hole possible that still allows access under the locker and plug it with a tapperd rubber/cork plug. I cant see any type of screw on cap/plug working very well. Let me know what you come up with.

deuce - have you done anything with yours yet or have you just been living with it?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I usually take an absorber shamois out on the lake to "sponge" out the water that is in there. Everytime out it seems like it pools up again. Must be the way the boat sits in the water. I did buy a 1 1/2 maybe 1 1/4 plug @ menards and put it in the hole at the rear end of the ski locker. That way it will at least keep the water in the locker. Ive found that without this plug there is just little enough water to keep the bilge from kicking on. Other than that I havent done any modifications.