Default Ready to get back on it

Well it's been almost 5 weeks since I sprained my ankle and now I'm walking pretty well without cane or crutch and spent most of today without a brace. Still a little swelling late in the day but it's now about a one beer injury. Strength isn't 100% yet but I can start to raise up on my toes just a little. I'm heading up to lake tippecanoe next week and I'm told they put in a slalom course there so I think it will be go time. I'll probably slow it down and take it easy for the rest of the season and heck with 5 weeks off I might be back to "preseason" form but we'll see. The way I see it taking 5 weeks off is like having an extra january right in the middle of the season! Sled thanks for convincing me to get a dry suit last spring 'cause I don't plan on putting the boat up anytime soon!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Remeber to warm up good first, stretch after, and for sure start with passes you know you can make... Good luck.
    Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

well just got back from a week at lake tippecanoe in Indiana- what a beautiful lake and we had great weather. I was able to ski again though ankle still can't take a lot of pressure. Just worked on some pull out drills and generally enjoyed being back behind the boat. Here's a pick my friend took from his boat I was starting up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

well tomorrow marks 7 weeks since I tried to see whether my ankle could twist 360 degrees- and I'm finally ready to try the course again conditions permitting. It certainly screwed up my goals for the year but I'm just gonna have fun and do what I can. Starting to plan my off season conditioning and goal of hitting the water on my birthday next spring (March 11) unless the lake is frozen!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

it was good- no place to free ski close by and I could only make it out for an hour or so so I went to the ski lake. Just took 4 passes- made them all at 28 mph about 1/2 way between green and red buoys-definitely didn't push it. foot didn't hurt at all while skiing but I can feel it today- felt great just to work on the course timing again. I moved the bindings back to the factory position and droped the front of the fin down a very tiny amount and it's the best the ski has felt since I got it.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!