Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Swim Platform Weight Capacity

I agree with Newty, I don't think the platform would even float if it were tossed in the water by itself. Then when you have 3-4 adults standing on it with their feet about 2 inches in the water there is not enough bouyancy to take hardly any weight off of the platform.

Now if the platform were like 5 ft under water and they were up to their chest standing on it I would say the load is greatly reduced...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Those swim platforms barely float themselves, no way the water is supporting it. 3-4 adults on my platform , that's +/- 700lbs. I don't think a 100lb cooler would make a bit of difference.

I usually tie it to the lifting eyes on the rear, or to the grab handle above the platform.
    Maybe not on your boat but on mine the platform is in the water even with no ballast.
    Sure a 100lb cooler will work, hell i stand on my swim deck all the time on the trailer but that doesn't mean i want a 300 lb cooler riding on it down the highway lol.

Dave having the platform 5 feet under water wouldn't help with its buoyancy the type im talking is the same principle that makes a boat float, a boat displaces water and water does not like to be separated from its self on a molecular level and this is what makes so many thing float on water including steel.

Ill have to try the platform floating because i think it will float, its fiberglass with a foam type center, i think i even heard a member a few years back say theirs came off the boat and floated.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: Swim Platform Weight Capacity

^^^?????^^^

PWI as usual...

I don't think mine has a foam center, it's pretty solid and weighs a ton. And having the platform 5 ft under water would cause more of the people on it to be submerged by water thus reducing the amount of weight they apply to the platform. And if the platform is buoyant then it is barley buoyant, probably would only take a couple rocks to sink it at which point it's flotation is not supporting any considerable amount of weight of the people on it. 3 full sized adults weighing in at 180 each is 540 pounds, if the platform is can float 5 lbs then it is carrying 535 lbs minus the density of the people's feet and ankles compared to the water. Which we can say that people's feet and ankles are relatively lean and probably weigh the same as water so you can take about about 10 more pounds or so. So the platform brackets are supporting 525 lbs. now I don't think a 100-150 lbs cooler will sheer it off the back of the boat.

This is just all my opinion and I am not responsible for anyone's platform being sheered off due to excess cooler weight.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Go back and read the post above in a Cliff Clavin voice. It works much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6GTZrcoWEM
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Not sure of weight capacity but I have proof, pics from the jam last weekend, that it will hold two big breasted mattress thrashers and one 9 YO boy doing the wobble...
    2013 MOJO

I don't believe you. Let's see the proof.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

2013 MOJO

2013 MOJO

2013 MOJO