Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Swim Platform Weight Capacity

Does anyone know the weght capacity of the swim platform on a 2006 LSV? I had 13 people out in the LSV this weekend and at one point, there were about 6 people standing on the platform at one time. Granted, a few of those were kids but it made me wonder how much weight it can hold before something gives. If anyone has asked this question of their dealer or SC and has gotten an answer, please share. I searched and didn't see anything on the forum. Thanks.

On a positive note, my boat was really put to good use this weekend. We took two of the neighbors and their families out so we had a total of 5 adults and 8 kids on the boat. Was a super hot day in Portland (mid-90's) and water temp at the lake was 75 so was a great day to be on the water. Too rough to do anything but tube and swim but everyone had a grand time. We did get some surfing in late in the day after most boats had left and the surf wake with 12 people on the boat was awesome! I took my daughter out to surf with me again and when two of her same-age girlfriends saw that, they wanted to go as well so I took each one out as well. Got up the first time and was able to throw the rope in and freeride with each of the girls. They loved it, as did their parents

Even with that many people and packing lunch and drinks for everyone, the LSV had plenty of strorage space so we didn't have to keep anything out on the floor or the seats. Granted, we didn't use any ballast (except when we surfed) so that helped.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I have an 08 LSV and I did ask my dealer in Salt Lake last year when we bought it. I really can't remember what he said, but I have 300lbs in my head for some reason. I could be way off, so correct me if I am wrong, guys (as I know you will ).
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I've had over 500 lbs on my 09 LSV swim deck when I took it out for the first time. This prompted me to ask my dealer about weight limits and they just laughed saying I could pile as many people as can fit on the deck with no worries. That said, I ask my passengers to keep it at two adults or three kids at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    This prompted me to ask my dealer about weight limits and they just laughed saying I could pile as many people as can fit on the deck with no worries. .
    yeah right.... I think your rule of 2 is good.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

I would think there is a much different weight in and out of water. As in the water the water is actually helping support the weight and out of the water all the weight is right on the deck.

Ive never got a straight answer eighter although i would never do this but last week i saw an older Master Craft with a jet ski strapped on the swim deck being pulled by a motor-home.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

[QUOTE=mmandley;111004]I would think there is a much different weight in and out of water. As in the water the water is actually helping support the weight and out of the water all the weight is right on the deck.

I agree. The bouyancy provided by the water may allow you to support more weight. How much weight? not sure. I've had 3 teens on my platform (150# x 3 =450) and it seems fine.
    _________
    09 OB V

Default Swim deck

Had our 08 LSV out on Billy chinook yesterday and noticed half moon shaped cracks on the edge of my swim deck? I wonder if this is a warranty item?.
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

David, I've got the same thing going on mine. The cracks were there before I had the boat though, so warranty is long gone. They are repairable I'm sure, but I figure I'll just leave them for now...
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Mine has done the same thing, not sure if they are just cracks in the gel coat or the actual fiberglass is cracked.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

on the bottom of mine where the black fiberglass meets the gell its cracked in 90 degree corners. Water leaks in and when we get home the swim deck is still draining.

AWS said its under the hull warranty and they will repair or replace it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]