Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 05LSV vs 06 SSV 20????

I just saw an supra ssv 20 come into the local dealer and they have it listed for a good price. I'm tginki g of trading mine on it if the price is right... what would be the advantages of moving to the supra?

does it have a deeper v? mine doesn't do great in rough water.

would the surf wave be comparable? this is my biggest concern... I've basically quit wakeboarding and mainly surf now

thanks

from Muh droid .....
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Default Re: 05LSV vs 06 SSV 20????

cmon guys help me out here...

from Muh droid .....

Most supras have more freeboard so you could load more water in it for your surf wave and still be above the water line

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

that's what I was thinking... looking at the specs the ssv is 6" shorter but the front of the boat looks different. my main wants are deeper storage in the nose for my IBS bag and more freeboard...

from Muh droid .....

I have don't have any experience with the 20 ssv, but I do have a 21v. Definitely a deep stable boat. The 21v throws a great wakeboarding wake but takes a little bit more effort for a surf wake compared to the lsv. It seems to takes a lot to get it leaning. I have zero complaints with mine so far.

as long as it has a deeper v than my lsv and throws a good surf wave ill probably go for it... new style of tower with more clearance would be nice to

from Muh droid .....

As most know from my post in the surfing section, I was appauled at the surf wake behind my buddy's new 06 21V. I do not know the differences between the 20 SSV and the 21V hulls, so it's hard to say, but if you really like surfing I know the 21V wouldn't be the boat for you. Excellent wakeboard wake though. I was able to get a pretty good surf wake with my 2000 Supra Launch DD and a lot of weight, maybe the 20 SSV is more similar to that hull?

Supra's website has at least basic boat info including beam and draft of all the old models, so you could maybe compare there.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

BTW I think your LSV is a lot bigger, and I think the lockers are probably a lot bigger. A 750 bag takes up the entire rear locker on the 21V, I assume it's similar for 20 SSV...?
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I had a 20ssv and sold it as it was just not a family surf machine. threw a pretty decent wave, but if we had a crew of less than 5, you had to have 1bag in the walkthru, one on the seat corner and another on the floor. we ran typically with a crew of 4 2500lbs to get a decent wave and that buried the rubrail in the water. my only decision to sell was tired of bags all over the seats and tripping on them. the seat bases are not deep enough to get any weight under them due to the shallow hull.

on a positive note, fit and finish was top notch and I never had a problem that kept me off the water. well built solid boat with zero tower shake and handled chop good for a 20'8" boat.

personally if it was my decision, hold out for a 22ssv or move to the xlv in the moomba line if you surf. I don't think it'll give you the upgrade you are looking for.

pm if you have any more questions.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

thanks sandm!!! the more I look the more I was thinking that... I'm also looking at centurions as well.... but I'd like to stay with skiers if possible.. it will come down to dollars and cents

from Muh droid .....