Talking

NICE!!

That would be a test!!

Extra Ballast as well.

Can you say Surfs UP!!
    Dustin Kennedy
    2009 Moomba XLV GG

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I think it may be time to invite the ladies out and just give this a test run. I think it will hold.

Oh how I wish I could have photoshopped that.
    put that on WW for boobs for ballast, maybe just eveything for ballast
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

OMG! That definitely violates the forum rules. Consider yourself banned!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hmm I don't know which is worse the weight of the ladies or that of a 21' Tige on your swim platform.
    Nate

Thread revival time-

I'm debating getting one monster new cooler the size of a coffin or 2 large ones for our longer camp trips. The monster when loaded is definitely a 2 person haul, maybe even 3... So basically there's no way it would be making it into the boat. If anywhere it would ride on the swim platform both down the road and/or across the water until we reach our destination.

I already have another large one and a few smaller, just thinking it would be nice to have the big one for the big trips. But once its loaded man that sucker would be a PITA to move.

Wondering if the swim platform would be up to the challenge of holding that kind of weight.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I think your swim platform would be able to support the weight. Look at how many people you've had standing on together at one point in time. You probably are looking at anywhere form 3-500 pounds. And your platform is probably still fully intact. Heck years ago my swim platform survived being ran over by another boat.

But personally I would go with 2 large coolers, that way I could move them more easily.
    Nate

Default Re: Swim Platform Weight Capacity

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Thread revival time-

I'm debating getting one monster new cooler the size of a coffin or 2 large ones for our longer camp trips. The monster when loaded is definitely a 2 person haul, maybe even 3... So basically there's no way it would be making it into the boat. If anywhere it would ride on the swim platform both down the road and/or across the water until we reach our destination.

I already have another large one and a few smaller, just thinking it would be nice to have the big one for the big trips. But once its loaded man that sucker would be a PITA to move.

Wondering if the swim platform would be up to the challenge of holding that kind of weight.
    I always put my cooler back there for long trips... especially now that the tailgate on my new truck comes up to my chin.
    Should be fine. Don't forget to tie it down.

PWI as usual...

I would be careful about going over the 300lb limit, You have to remember in the water the Water is supporting a lot of that weight.

When your not in the water the stern of the boat is supporting all the weight.

I have seen a jet ski on the back of a boat swim deck but that doesn't mean i would do it LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

1. I would not want a cooler that was too big to move by myself. That's why they make wheeled ones.

2. If you do set out on this fool's errand, when you tie it to the swim platform also make a harness to stretch to somewhere higher like the pylon and suspend some of the weight from there.

3. Be careful going over potholes, speedbumps, etc.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Swim Platform Weight Capacity

Those swim platforms barely float themselves, no way the water is supporting it. 3-4 adults on my platform , that's +/- 700lbs. I don't think a 100lb cooler would make a bit of difference.

I usually tie it to the lifting eyes on the rear, or to the grab handle above the platform.
    Last edited by newty; 08-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.

PWI as usual...