Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default where do you run your wakeplate???

Hey... i finally got my boat out again last night and was pulling some buddies behind it. I had my ballast all filled up and was playing around with the wakeplate, it seemed like once i got past a certain point it didn't really help the boat produce a bigger wake... (this was for wakeboarding), so i'm wondering where you all run your wakeplates at?

thanks

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Generally wake boarding we run it all the way down, doesn't matter if its 0 or full 2500 ballast.

Yesterday we were out and had 2500 ballast and i moved it to a 1/4 up mostly i use it to help clean the wake up a bit when loaded. Other wise its always 100% down.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

For me it really depends on the weather, chop and the wake. If there is glass I will run it all the way up. If there is chop i will start moving it down to sink the bow into the waves a bit more and it helps with the chop. It also depends on where the wake starts washing out and you can move the wakeplate up or down to change where the wake washout is.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

The wakeplate doesn't necessarily add much size, it shapes. By shaping it will let you tune the wake to eliminate wash on the lip

ok... several diff. awnsers.. lol! i found that last night because it was choppy out that having it about 30% down helped clean up the wake, but i was just curious.

thanks

geoff

When you say "up" are you referring to the needle being all the way to the right or all the way to the left on the gauge?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

we run ours all the way up. what i've noticed is all the way up makes the wake more vertical and all the down makes the wake more mellow.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

When I say up or down, I'm talking about the relative position of the plate. Down means it's dragging in the water, forcing the bow down. Up means the plate is pointing to the sky, letting the bow ride high and the stern to settle deeper in the water.

So with that out of the way, I always start with the plate down to keep the bow low and get on plane the fastest. Once on plane I'll usually find a nice spot about halfway for wakeboarding, and nearly all the way up for surfing. If the boat starts to porpoise, I lower the plate until it stops.

great info... thanks guys... i'm picking up a surf board today so i can try out the surfing tonight!!

geoff

I guess I just dont understand how some people run it all the way UP. At about halfway, my boat starts to porpoise (sp?) like Shamu and all the way UP, well, Im sure Id have myself a nice submarine.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD