Default buying a moomba...any advice?

Just sold my malibu skier closed bow my wife wants a open bow. we are looking at a 99 outback w/ carb, only 270 hours anyone know if these boats support towers or had any outstanding issues? Thanks.

The outback and the mobius were the same boat around 99-01 or so. Teh mobius came with a tower. I put a tower on my 2000 outback. No problems at all. Best advice: Get yourself a Moomba! Spend the money you save on GAS!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I bet you could find a great deal on an 01-02 Outback out there.

I purchased my 02' Outback LS this past winter with 230 hours on it, Tower, all accessories, etc for $15,500.

Default Looking to buy

Hi All,
    I'm new here and I too am looking at a Moomba. I love my 89MC but the size is squeezing us out. I am avid skier and I wakeboard as much as possible behind a friends Wakesetter. I also have really caught on to surfing. I hate to give up my sking though. Mostly open water skiing & occasional course if I can find one. What do I do? What boat should I look at? Also, how is the quality and perfomance of the Moomba. Any suggestions?

He is what looks like a decent deal. It is right across from my boat, in the picture my slip is the empty one just to the right.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/boa/1897797480.html

take a good look at the 2009 or 2010 Outback V. I haven't been on one, but hear that this boat has a great ski wake and great surf wave right out of the box.

I skied behind a 2010 Outback V last night with the local dealer. It was no 89 Prostar but I liked it. It was more than do able at 32mph. With the wake plate you can really adjust the wake shape. I don't know if you would run it through the bouys but for open water skiing it was nice. The wake looked great for boarding but I didn't have board with me. This only had the gravity one ballast system so for surfing it would need more weight. My wife wants the bigger LSV but I fear that wake is just to big for skiing. I need to ski behind the LSV now to compare. I know boarding and surfing will be great behind either.