Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The frames aren't too hard to get apart. Use some soapy water in a spray bottle to put it all back together. You will have to go to a window place and get a little strip of that gummy window adheasive. Where the rear of the broken window attatches to that divider there is no rubber seal. You will have to use that sealer when you put it all back together.
    When you get ready to do it pm me and I'll give you my number so I can help you out if you need it.

Good luck brutha!

PWI as usual...

Thanks Newty. I disassembled the frame and pulled out all the broken glass, my window does have a rubber gasket on all 4 sides, so no need for the adhesive you’re talking about unless I misunderstood you.
    For now I just cut a piece of plexi to shape and put it in there, it looks good but now the walk through window won’t shut properly, it overhangs the driver’s side by about a half inch, tried adjusting both windows but no luck. So I will just pull the walk through window out for now. The plexi must not be holding the frame in the correct shape or something.
    Called Taylor Made/Water Bonnet, they said they can’t make the window for me anymore, I thought that was pretty odd, but whatever, still working with the dealer on getting me just the port side instead of the whole windshield assembly. The whole assembly is almost $1300, but I figure if just the port side is like $600, my insurance deductable is $500 so I may as well get all new glass, then I’ll have a spare drivers side if I ever need it or if anyone on here has a need for it.
    Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS

I think that's a bit troubling that you wouldn't be able to get certain replacement parts for a relatively new boat. In this case, it's the windshield, but what else are hard-to-find parts? Doesn't seem right.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

What about a custome cut plex or some type of plastic until the part comes in...at least you'll have the boat for your trip...Just an idea..

Forget my reply... i just read your last entry...good luck

Sled491 Guest

Just a thought, maybe Taylor doesn't make it but maybe an OEM maufactuer makes it now. Although you have to admit how many replacements would need to be made to cover our boats? This is kind of a rare occurance.