Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lead...?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck02LS View Post
    My boat is only rated for 10 people or 1300lbs, but hell if you get 10 people in the boat you’re already ez over 1300lbs… LOL so I think every time I go out I’m going to be over my weight limit. I guess I will find out sooner or later what the Sherriff will do when my boats back corner deck is 6inch’s from the top… LOL

Yeah I didn’t think it was a good idea, but just wondering if anyone did it…
    There might be some pictures on here somewhere of Ed's old Outback. I swear the right rear corner was Below the surface of the water!!!! Ed?

sled,
    I believe you are correct. 20ft and over are not subject to ratings, but I believe that they are all required to do it until you hit "yacht" ratings(only wakeboard boat that I believe hits that is the x-80). few other rules that don't apply either such as lifejackets on kids(we still require for the under 11 crowd on my boat and sherriffs give out coupons for free ice cream when they see it on the lake)....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I work for a replacement window company, and we are constantly pulling out old weights from window pockets. Try your local window replacement, and we usually throw them away. It might not be lead. Also the govt is cracking down on lead so it might be hard to come by.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "I swear the right rear corner was Below the surface of the water!!!! Ed?"

No. The rub rail was approximately two inches above the surface of the water when the boat was at rest.
    Yeah, that is the way my OB sits with weighted down. Sometimes the water will run along the top above the rub rail when turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynes345 View Post
    Yeah, that is the way my OB sits with weighted down. Sometimes the water will run along the top above the rub rail when turning.

What kind of weight were you running when your boat what like that? Any pictures of the boat, set up or in the water or of the wake???

Thanks

If you are still looking for lead look at Pop Products http://www.pop-products.com/products/ I haven't personally used them, but I have heard good things about them. And when I am not throwing money at my boat for other things I am planning on buying 400lbs from them.

And I can get water above the rub rail of my 21V when turning while surfing. I'm running 750 in the rear and 1200+ in the bow/play pen. And my swim platform when weighted is always underwater by about 6"
    Nate

Yeah, that's about what I have as well. 800 across the back and 650 on the surf side. Couple people sitting on the side as well.

Dose anyone know if a 750 or 900 will fit next to the motor without pushing up on the motor cover too much without hurting it...?

I can see the issue with solid ballast on the smaller, low freeboard boats with taking on water. I'm picking up 400lbs of Pop bags that I'll be using in my XLV. I usually run 250lbs in each rear sac for wakeboarding so I could easily just split up the 400 Pop bags to 200lbs on each side. Then when surfing I can eliminate one of the extra 400lb Fat Sacs or if I have a medium sized crew I can eliminate the sacs altogether and just have hidden ballast. I found a guy selling his 400lbs of Pop bags for $125

Sled491 Guest

I switched up Ed's set up. I ran the 800 from the very back corner along side the clam. Then tucked the 600 accross the back. I don't know if it is perception or not but I seemed to get a better lean that way.