Default Looking for a new board

I'm thinking about upgrading my wakeboard. I have a current cheap hydroslide from fleet farm. We purchased that board, never been wakeboarding before and not sure if we would like it. Well it turns out kinda like it, after using the cheap board for a couple of years I think it maybe time to upgrade. I'm wondering what would be a good choice with there being so many options out there.

As far as my skill level, I believe I'm still a beginner. I can get up, cut around, and make W2W healside jumps. I ride behind my boat, outback/no ballast.

Looked at this
    http://www.wakeside.com/product/wake...ngs-mens-8b.do
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I would stay away from Obrien.

Check out evogear.com and look at their oulet section. I picked up a Ronix Mana with Ronix Kai closed toe bindings for CHEAP!

I can honestly say, the Mana board makes me a better wakeborder.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Any board from Slingshot because they are flex boards

Default Slingshot recoil board

Hello I ride on a slingshot recoil 142 2010 board with D3 slingshot bindings and I think it's great the pop the edge try it out if you know somebody who has it.

The Obrien decade is a great board, you can pick those up on Ebay the 09's for a reasonable price. Its the one Russ wilde recomended to me , but he is also an O'brien rider. I currently have the ronix vault, but the Obrien is much smoother and has better pop... my .02

I have those xenon boots on my ronix, great comfortable boots, just love them.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=o%2....c0.m270.l1313
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

If you have the opportunity to demo any boards before buying, DO IT. I currently have a Liquid Force PS3 with LF Sphynx bindings. I thought I would buy another setup this year just for the fun of it. So I started looking at my local shop. I wanted a setup with more pop and lightweight. Got steered towards the Ronix Mana with Ronix Kinetik bindings. Thank goodness they let me test out the setup first....Sorry Deafgoose....I HATED the Ronix Mana board but LOVED the Ronix Kinetik bindings. The board felt sluggish (compared to my LF PS3) and too responsive. Took the board back and bought the bindings. So I am still in the hunt for a new board although I really like the LF PS3 with Ronix Kinetik bindings now. Demo the board if you have a chance.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    Sorry Deafgoose....I HATED the Ronix Mana board but LOVED the Ronix Kinetik bindings. The board felt sluggish (compared to my LF PS3) and too responsive. Took the board back and bought the bindings. So I am still in the hunt for a new board although I really like the LF PS3 with Ronix Kinetik bindings now. Demo the board if you have a chance.
    I take no offense.

I used a CWB Pure with vapor bindings for the past 3 years and when I first tried the Ronix Mana, I was shocked how "locked-n" the board felt. It took a few weeks to adapt to the feel and now I am having tons of fun with it.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.