Hybrid View

Default Prediction for Aug 15

I am here at The Liquid Edge skiing with Doug. Got here early enough to get in a set - made some progress. I ski with him againa for two set tomorrow and then Sunday 3 sets the Andy Mapple.

My predicton for end of day Sunday - improve my Personal Best by 12 - to full pass at 15 off @ 34. I know it doesn't sound like much but for an old open water skier - this will be huge.

Cross your fingers.

(a good sign - we got Dougs 4 year old up on two skis today...)

Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Progress - made my 32 tonight and went right into 34 for 3. Hope to get there by end of day tomorrow - if my hands hold up. The water is really warm here...

Benson - What happened today (Sunday)? Make all six balls @ 15/34? How the hands? = Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Cool

What are you doing for your hands to hold up. Glove liners,duct tape? I was warned of this so i'm curious as we head south in 2 days . I am bringing duct tape,as my gloves are tight and i really don't think i could get them on over liners.
    07 Outback DD

Was in a bit of a rush on Sunday - skied all three sets with Andy. Pretty windy - course was good but definintely having an influence on the body. My 32 pass got stronger Sunday morning, both head and tail wind. But only got 3@34. Then fatigue started setting in for the last two sets. Turns our I ran 6 full sets in 48 hours by the end of Sunday. The last past I skipped off 3 ball - landed the ski - but Andy called it day for me - wisely...

So I never made my prediction.

I like to think if it were a little less wind - just maybe. Hopefully today I can get in a set with a local guy... But I will take a 9 ball improvement.. and have a great experience to go with it.

Skiing with Andy was a treat - very accessible. Got to sit in the boat as he ran down the rope from 28 off into 41 off (head wind). He makes it look so easy. Also got to sit in the boat during a fun competition with a couple of the guys where they went down in speed. All the regular guys used a huge ski - Andy used his normal ski (O'Brien Elite). Ran 22off at 15mph. I also think we have established that 13mph is impossible.

Truly another great weekend at The Liquid Edge. I wish they were closer - 7 hours is pushing the envelope...

Regarding the hands:
    I had a huge blister on left forefinger pad starting Sunday morning. Doug recommended 'Palm Protectors'. Much easier to fit under gloves. They are a thin neoprene pad covers only the pads of your hands, just past the lifeline on your palm. It has two small holes that slip over the two middle fingers down to the knuckle so they never go in the fingers of the gloves. A thin strap over the back of the hand. These are my new best friends. Never opened up any of the blisters on my hands and stopped the growth of all of the existing ones. I highly recommend them. I am sure you can get them from Doug, but they are not on his site so you would have to email him, http://theliquidedge.com/. The ones I bought are from Masterline - http://www.masterlineusa.com/Masterline/Gloves/palm_pro

Keep your head up - and don't look down...
    Dave
    Last edited by BensonWdby; 08-16-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Sled491 Guest

Very cool. If your up to it were setting our course up this saturday morning.