Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Waterproofing your stereo remote?

So I just ordered a remote, like a TV-style remote for my 05 LSV with the stock Kenwood KDC-225 head unit in it. Aside from a zip lock bag, what would be a better way to waterproof it so that I can just leave it tied to something near the swim deck when we are all in the water. Not sure if pelican makes something. Cheers.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Something along the lines of this maybe?

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05...=42&t_mode=des
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Im trying to get away from having to buy a new head unit. I have enough clouding my bank account with all these amps, power distribution systems, level controls, wiring, tower speakers, etc. My current head unit has a wired remote like the one you have on the back of your boat, but its like molded into the cockpit. I suppose I could relocate that one to the back of the boat, put something crafty in the hole it leaves behind, and use the TV-style remote up front, but that would cause me to have to operate the boat with the glove box open. Id rather have the glove box open when Im just cove-ing it. Feel me?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

remotes are under $100 for the older style..

best way to go, as ed is suggesting..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

And you can have more than 1 "hockey puck" style remote wired to the HU. Have 1 at the cockpit and 1 at the transom?

I think you'd have issues with the tv style remote working off the swim platform anyway unless you have it up high, pointed right at the HU, and the lid open on the glove box. Ditch it imo!

I have one and it just sits in the glove box anyway. I was going to install a transom remote but find I set the system where I want it and usually never change it while we are coving. Somebody is always close to the deck or cockpit remote grabing a beer, towel or whatever to make changes so never a problem on my ride!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Just to clarify I already have the TV style remote. I need to be able to control the radio from in the drivers seat with the glove box closed AND from in the water. I have a hard wired remote that came stock with the boat and it is right above the throttle. My head unit only has 1 input on the back of it for a remote, not sure if they make an "input splitter"?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Thats EXACTLY what I said

Intall a transom remote in tandem just like Ed shows in the pic.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

You guys arent picking up what Im putting down. I CANT install a transom remote. Theres only ONE input on the head unit and that is being used by the current cockpit remote. If I relocate the one in the cockpit to the back of the boat, I lose the ability to control the radio from the drivers seat. Again, is there an "input splitter" or somethign you can hook 2 remotes into that allows for ONE plug at the head unit?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Do you have a part number or where you got it from?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Thanks again for all the info. Hunt begins for said hardware...
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD