Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Kidder, I fold the bimmini forward-it will rest on the windshield frame, then the tower down
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

^^ Daze - that's for the standard bimini, correct? I don't think you can fold down the tower with the Z5 installed. I believe those that have the Z5 have to remove it to fold the tower.

yep, standard bimmini
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    ^^ Daze - that's for the standard bimini, correct? I don't think you can fold down the tower with the Z5 installed. I believe those that have the Z5 have to remove it to fold the tower.
    Trust me you do NOT have to remove the Z5 to fold the tower. If so you would not have seen us so often last year at Sinclair!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Trust me you do NOT have to remove the Z5 to fold the tower. If so you would not have seen us so often last year at Sinclair!
    You should show mnpracing how to do it so he can keep his Z5. Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
    You should show mnpracing how to do it so he can keep his Z5. Oh, wait...
    Last year we were at my wife's parents lake cabin on Sinclair and we had to go under a low bridge to get fuel or to visit Wolfeman and his family. So that is where we had to drop the tower to pass under a bridge. Now at home to when I store the boat in the garage for the winter I take the top off but the reason is I like to spray the canvas down with Scotch Guard or something similiar AND because it is just under the garage lights so I would get a zillion dead bugs on it. Even then I get it into the garage before I remove it. It just pivots down with the tower no problems.
    OH............I wasn't suppose to say that was I!? Nevermind!

Does anyone with tower speakers leave the Z5 up when they drop the tower? I tried once, it didn't seem to work, and I've been taking it off ever since. Maybe I should try again?

I've received a lot of feedback on this topic, many offers to trade, and several comments on the benefits of the Z5. I'm going to hold off for now, and keep it and give it some time to grow on me. Thanks for the responses.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

dont blame you at all for holding off, my next boat (if the wife lets me) will have the Z5
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    I've received a lot of feedback on this topic, many offers to trade, and several comments on the benefits of the Z5. I'm going to hold off for now, and keep it and give it some time to grow on me. Thanks for the responses.
    Good luck. I think you're making the correct decision.