Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by 02Outback View Post
    By no means was I trying to bash anything or anybody on this thread.

You Da Man, it was your picture I was referring to because that is the last one I had seen - not taking a shot at your picture. I thought it was a very clean and tasteful picture. Nothing wrong with that picture at all.

Like I mentioned before, I did not see the original pictures posted to start this thread and I probably never will. I just wanted to make it a point, if you police one, you police all. I know this is a family oriented place and it is a very clean message board. I enjoy coming here. I was just trying to make things fair

Again, I have nothing against anybody here and You Da Man, I apologize if you think I was knocking your picture (I wasn't, I liked it much - ha).

Cheers to all!
    I took no offense to what you said, I know my pic was done tastefully without degrading, sexually posed girls you see on some of the "boat bun" threads. Moomba should contact me to use my pic in the XLV brochure

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    this says a lot. on wakeworld, "boobs for ballast" has 41,000 views. the next most viewed thread is "2011 gear" at 11,000 views
    beat me to it. "BFB" on WW
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by 02Outback View Post
    I just wanted to make it a point, if you police one, you police all.
    You are dead wrong there. This is not a government institution. We are not paid employees. We police what we can. We do the best we can. It's a little subjective sometimes. Too bad. About 98% of the time we are all on the same page. Some of us don't agree with the decisions of other mods from time to time but we trust their judgment enough to leave it alone. If you think you can do better, by all means feel free to volunteer!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You are dead wrong there. This is not a government institution. We are not paid employees. We police what we can. We do the best we can. It's a little subjective sometimes. Too bad. About 98% of the time we are all on the same page. Some of us don't agree with the decisions of other mods from time to time but we trust their judgment enough to leave it alone. If you think you can do better, by all means feel free to volunteer!
    How do you figure I am dead wrong about that? I see Ed on the boards all the time. I am sure, between all the mods, "98%" of threads are viewed, atleast the topic. If you police one, you police all. Don't pick and choose. Don't get lazy.

If the mods can't handle the job, by all means, I volunteer.

Especially coming off as "We do what we can. Too bad." Sounds..great? Ehh..

No this is not a government institution. Not paid employees, but if you have rules - follow them. If it states in the rules something about tatsteful pictures, then sure, follow it - but police all - that is in fact why you are a MOD. If you can't do the job 100%, you shouldn't have it.

Off topic, isn't Ed's thread in the Audio Section about Dual Control, directed towards Ian,..shouldn't that be in a PM instead of a topic?

Do the 'job' right or not at all.

I think Kane's point was just that the mods are people and won't get everything perfect. But yes, it is our job to moderate all posts on these forums and to be as consistent as possible.

Since this thread started the mods have been discussing how we can tackle the consistency issue. We are still kicking some things around but so far the consensus is simple: use Skiers Choice marketing materials as the guide to what is appropriate to post, and no threads dedicated to boat babes (for reasons already mentioned above.)

I'll make sure we publish what the rules are so it's not a guessing game on whether or not your pics are appropriate.