Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

humm... I hope the next person that tackles this job will do a How To about the pad change out.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mmobius2001 View Post
    was looking for updates on this, i need to replace mine bad, they are almost all the way off!

is it an easy swap out? all i need is to unscrew the tower from the boat correct? and just replace pad and screw back in?
    Yes all you have to do is unbolt the tower, you can do it in sections as well. Take one foot off at a time if you cant support the tower weight. I just pulled the front foot of my tower up yesterday because it was leasking water into my cubby where all my amps are. I used clear silicon to reseal it. The foor was stuck on the boat and it took some persuasion to get it to loosen up but once it did i was able to have Claudia hold the foot up while i applied the silicon sealant. Then i reattached the foot to the boat and sealed the outter edge of the tower foot so there should be no way to ever get water threw that foot again.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    humm... I hope the next person that tackles this job will do a How To about the pad change out.
    There is nothing to it. Just get a couple buddies and do one pad at a time. Take all the bolts out first, the tower may wanna "kick out" just a bit when you have all the bolts out but not that much. While one guy is holding up the tower leg off the gel coat, just a couple inches, the other guy can pull the old sticky pad out. You may want to have a towel folded over & ready if you need to set the tower back down in place before you get the new pad in. Thats pretty much it. Definately a 2 man job if you leave the tower up & do it like I did.

Thanks, mk_deuce, earlier post you mentioned going with the new clear ones. Do they seem like they will be any better?
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Thanks, mk_deuce, earlier post you mentioned going with the new clear ones. Do they seem like they will be any better?
    Too early to tell at this point. They are made out of a more "pvc type" material where as the older pads were a rubber. I know the old ones were junk so if you're goint to replace just get the new ones. They are pretty inexpensive.