Default Monster Cargo Bimini Rack

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-103-c...ck-bimini.aspx

Has anyone tried to use one of these? I really don't want to spend $300 for just a surf board rack to hols one surf board, so this might be a better option. At least I could put a tube up there as well.

Only concern is that from the photos it looks like it covers more of the dash board and walk way then the people in the boat.

Quite a few of us have these and, I think, the overwhelming opinion is that they are great.

Here is a link to the thread I started that was moved to the archives with the recent hack/upgrade to the forum.

https://forum.moomba.com/archive/index.php/t-7357.html?

Sorry, but I don't know if the pics will show. If you want/need them, let me know and I can try and repost.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 08-19-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Absolutely Love Mine!!! Covers Driver and Observer Seat and about Halfway back on the Direct Drive (More than the factory Bimini), but Holds a Kneeboard Surf Board and a Slalom Ski for us!!! Easy on and off of the cover for towing. PM Me when you go to install I'd Drill pilot holes in the Crome Poles. If I bought a new boat Today, I'd by the Monster Cargo Rack for it tomorrow!!!

Peace
    Darren
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

I too love the MT Cargo Bimini. Wow, lots of good info lost during the outage.... can't find any of the alternate mounting method threads...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    I too love the MT Cargo Bimini. Wow, lots of good info lost during the outage.... can't find any of the alternate mounting method threads...
    Dang! I hadn't noticed that your & Todd's post to my thread weren't still available from the archive link I posted above.

So, jbgp, what Mr. Smith is talking about is spending about another $200 on stereo stlye clamps that attach to the tower verus drilling the OEM clamps into the tower. There are advantages to both methods with cost being the greatest factor to consider, IMO. The guys that have posted are willing to help if we can.

Agreed, love the MT Cargo Bimini and the folks are on here were great in helping with question, install, etc.
    2008 Outback V

can someone post some photos of the Monster tower cargo bimini on a 06 and newer LSV--with the rear folding tower.

Thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks guys, this is great info. What size did you order for the outback V or 05 or earlier LSV?

Can you drive with the cargo rack on?

Can you get an inflatable up there between the cargo rack and the tower cross bars?

Looks like I will definitely have to rotate my speakers to the top of the tower.

Thanks again for all the great advice and opinions.

I'll try and answer your questions in the order asked:

Yes, I have it on my 2008 OBV. Myself and others have all ordered the Medium one.

Yes, you could but I wouldn't recommend driving long distances or over 55 mph with it installed. The canvas comes off fairly easy, so I would remove the canvas, fold it up and store in the boat and tow with only the frame in place.

Yes, it comes with an "X" shaped neoprene and bungee tie down for inflatables. It will depend on how high you mount it and how tall the inflatable is as to whether it will fit, or not. The real question is, why waste wakeboard and surfboard storage on an inflatable? (just joking. all of us with kids have the dreaded tubes)

Have fun & enjoy!

I'll try and answer your questions in the order asked:

Yes, I have it on my 2008 OBV. Myself and others have all ordered the Medium one.

Yes, you could but I wouldn't recommend driving long distances or over 55 mph with it installed. The canvas comes off fairly easy, so I would remove the canvas, fold it up and store in the boat and tow with only the frame in place.

Yes, it comes with an "X" shaped neoprene and bungee tie down for inflatables. It will depend on how high you mount it and how tall the inflatable is as to whether it will fit, or not. The real question is, why waste wakeboard and surfboard storage on an inflatable? (just joking. all of us with kids have the dreaded tubes)

Have fun & enjoy!