Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

I know this is ask many times I also done alot of reading this last month on boats. I am looking for my first boat. I love the lake but only able to take so many when it comes to taking my skies out. The more people I get to know themore I want to have a boat. Plus i been riding around in a 2007 ssv 24 gravity games boat (wow) Out of price range though. So I am hoping to get more info here.

I am realy thinking about getting to to wakeboarding and skiing. I want to try to stay away from the I/O and stay closer to VD or DD.

SO staying this I been looking at like 2000-2003 boats rite now.

2000 Mobius V
    2001 Mobius
    2001 Mobius V
    2002 Mobius LSV
    2002 Mobius V
    2002 Mobius

I am not to sure about outback yet what all think about them?

So what you all have to say about this?

Back around 99-2000 the Outback and Mobius were the same boat but the Mobius had a tower and available ballast. All of those are good choices. Look at price and condition.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Where are you planning on using the boat? If you are going to Lake of the Ozarks, you may want a boat bigger than 21'. As far as V-drive versus Direct drive, you need to decide how you will primarily be using the boat. My Outback DD is great for waterskiing, and OK for wakeboarding - good for beginner to intermediate wakeboarders. If you want a great wake for wakeboarding - a wake where you can catch some serious air - you will probably want a V-drive, which kicks up a bigger wake. You can't really have both a flat wake -great for skiing - and a big wake - great for wakeboarding - in the same boat. For me, I grew tired of hitting the curl of the wake when waterskiing (and barefooting) behind my I/O, and am very happy with the DD.
    2010 Outback

No it will mainly be used up here at Smithville lake. I am more likely going with a V-drive more I think about it.