Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To much weight?

Default To much weight?

Yesterday I had all 2700 lbs of ballast full with 8 prople on the boat and we tried wakeboarding and it Sucked!! I had to move everybody to the front of the boat to even get up to speed or else I couldn't get above 14 mph. So after moving everybody up front and getting up to speed the wake was horrible. We are going to try no ballast and maybe try 1/2 or 1/4 ballast. I wonder if I need to get a wakeboard prop for more holeshot?
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

just need to go faster to clean up the wake. The most I run (outback v) is 2700 with 4 people and it plans fine. Have to ride at like 24.5 to clean up the wake... As for the prop ya might need a different one I am sure people have experience with it here. Is all your 2700 hidden?
    Last edited by ottawarider; 08-08-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    Yesterday I had all 2700 lbs of ballast full with 8 prople on the boat and we tried wakeboarding and it Sucked!! I had to move everybody to the front of the boat to even get up to speed or else I couldn't get above 14 mph. So after moving everybody up front and getting up to speed the wake was horrible. We are going to try no ballast and maybe try 1/2 or 1/4 ballast. I wonder if I need to get a wakeboard prop for more holeshot?
    Unless you have mad skills, you don't need full ballast and 8 people. Hell, pros don't even do that much weight and they are in the 25mph-ish range.

I guess you like to buy GAS!!!!

Dustin Kennedy
    2009 Moomba XLV GG

yesterday we had two 750s full 400 ski locker, 10 adults 5 kids and wake plated all the way up. It was huge, we had to ride at 23.5 instead of 21 to clean it up but the wake was enormous. The double ups were down right scary. I have never hit a dbl up that was as big as it. I don't think you can ever have to much weight in the boat. It just has to be distributed evenly and the rider has to have the sac to charge it! If you don't charge it you end up on your casing the wake over and over again. Wake to wake toe side was a bit of a challenge.
    How was the wake terrible?

your boat, but 15 people sounds like way too many for any boat under 25ft in length.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

ten adults and 5 kids under the age of 4 so yes they all fit. It was super tight but we all squished in and had to be super careful not to dip the nose but no bull shit 10 adults and 5 kids, I may even have a picture.

oh just had an revelation, i counted the 10 people on the way out to ride, so 9 is more accurate as minus the rider so for my mistake.
    Last edited by saskie99; 08-09-2010 at 03:29 PM.

My LSV maximum load capacity is 1850lbs. How are you guys getting over 2000lbs of ballanst with 8 people to boot. I loaded up both my 750 sacs and the fron 400 sac with only 3 people in the boat, and I was a little concerned that I was going to damage or swamp my boat.
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

Quote Originally Posted by bjames View Post
    My LSV maximum load capacity is 1850lbs. How are you guys getting over 2000lbs of ballanst with 8 people to boot. I loaded up both my 750 sacs and the fron 400 sac with only 3 people in the boat, and I was a little concerned that I was going to damage or swamp my boat.
    I'd compare it to the speed limit being 55 and people driving much faster. How much faster depends on the person and their risk tolerance.

Fearlessness and good insurance! ha ha ha. As long as you distribute the weight out fairly evenly, and the boat driver knows what he or she is doing. We chili dipped the bow once but not to bad. For surfing we had the same people and emptied one 750 and had the snaps for the cover in touching the water on the driver side. We had people on the sun deck and edge of the boat.

It just depends on much weight you want to try.