Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To much weight?

Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    Can I run an Acme 1235 on my 2004 Mobius LSV? and how is it with all other water sports behind the boat?
    Yep, you sure can, although if you use the boat for other activities you may not have enough top end. Check our our Moomba prop application guide here: http://www.wakeprops.com/wakeboard-b...oat-propellers.

That will give you some ideas, and if you want a personalized recommendation just get in touch with us.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    Yep, you sure can, although if you use the boat for other activities you may not have enough top end. Check our our Moomba prop application guide here: http://www.wakeprops.com/wakeboard-b...oat-propellers.

That will give you some ideas, and if you want a personalized recommendation just get in touch with us.
    So how come that chart doesn't show the acme 1235 on it? I asked acme which prop I should use on my 2005 XLV. A 1235 or a 1433 and Bill from acme told me to use the 1433. I am not really sure why he told me to use the smaller of the two. I haven't had a chance to email him back and ask him why he suggested the 1433 over the 1235. Anybody got any ideas?
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    So how come that chart doesn't show the acme 1235 on it? I asked acme which prop I should use on my 2005 XLV. A 1235 or a 1433 and Bill from acme told me to use the 1433. I am not really sure why he told me to use the smaller of the two. I haven't had a chance to email him back and ask him why he suggested the 1433 over the 1235. Anybody got any ideas?
    My guess would be clearance issues with the trailer.

The Acme 1235 is slightly bigger than the 1433.

I would get the Acme 1235 and purchase a shim kit for the trailer bunks!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    My guess would be clearance issues with the trailer.

The Acme 1235 is slightly bigger than the 1433.

I would get the Acme 1235 and purchase a shim kit for the trailer bunks!
    Yes, it is a clearance related issue, some Moomba/trailer combos have enough room for the 1235 no problem, others don't. But in actual use there will be absolutely no difference performance wise between the 1235 and 1433. Given that we've found that it's just easier to recommend the 1433 for every application so that customer's don't have to mess with checking clearance correctly, installing spacers on their trailer bunks, or in the worst case scenario repairing a brand new prop because it made contact with the trailer.

As far as Bill's recommendation, I don't want to speak for him, but the 1235 is a much more common prop, and one that any decent dealer is going to stock, so it's probably much easier to find than the relatively rare 1433. Fortunately we stock both of them, so it's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    So If I get the Acme 1235 prop can I run at wakeboard speed (22-24) with my 2650lbs-2700lbs of ballast with 6 or so people and plane out fairly quickly? I thought I read on wakeworld somewhere that someone was running about the exact same weight as me but he had the 1235 and he plained out around 11 mph?
    Ultimately it depends where in the boat you have that weight positioned. Moomba's really like weight forward, so you want to get as close to 50-50 as possible, which will also help the boat plane out faster at wakeboarding speeds.

That said, the 1235 (or 1433) is definitely the prop you want if slow speed performance is your only priority.

Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    Can I run an Acme 1235 on my 2004 Mobius LSV? and how is it with all other water sports behind the boat?
    Yes, the 1235 will clear the Boatmate trailer on your boat, if you want a little more breathing room though the 1433 would be the prop I would recommend. From a performance standpoint it's going to be exactly the same as the 1235, so there's no sacrifice there.

Both props will reduce your top speed significantly, there's no way to improve the acceleration and low speed performance that much without compromising somewhere. But you should still be able to get 37-38MPH out of the boat depending on your elevation, so it will be fine for skiing, tubing or cruising.

If you're worried about losing that much top end check out our Plus 2 upgrade, it will give you most of the benefits of the 1235 or 1433 at slower speeds, without as much loss on the top end.