Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Board Advice - The Walker Project Convert

I'm hoping to get some points of view on The Walker Project Convert board shown here.

There is a bloke near me selling a 4'8" Convert because he couldn't ride it, he believes due to his weight (@205lbs). I am 180lbs and without being able to demo the board I am worried that it might be a bit short for me also.

Does anyone have experience with this board?
    2009 Outback V

The new TWP boards are sick. That's a good price for a basically new board. If I got a custom board I think it would be a Stretch surfboard.

Ha! I see you are quite resourceful

Any comments on weight vs length of board?
    2009 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by aaroncat View Post
    Ha! I see you are quite resourceful

Any comments on weight vs length of board?
    Has alot to do with your wake. That board is definately a fast board designed for serious air time. Question is...do you have a wake that will allow you to use the board?

Picked it up just then. I'm going out tomorrow morning rain, hail or shine to test it and will update with results. Perhaps a vid also if I can get anyone to film.
    2009 Outback V

Ok! Board was excellent! It is very quick and agile making 360's very easy. Not a board to just cruise on though; it almost requires constant pumping.

So the devastating part is... one of my buddies tried it out right after me and had the front end of the board crash into the transom and it now has a decent crack in the front that would allow water into the core. Has anybody had to make repairs to a custom wake surfer? There are no surf shops anywhere around here and I'm thinking about just ordering some epoxy resin in a tube (no fuss, no mixing, no fiberglass patch). Thoughts?

Believe it or not the same guy smashed the front end of my Hyperlite LandLock on his next run (after I grounded the other board pending repairs). Bad thing about this particular board is I have no idea what material it is or how to repair it. Does anyone know how to repair this board?

(pictures of damage coming in next reply)
    2009 Outback V

2009 Outback V

Not once...but twice by the same rider? Need to move that pocket farther back or put a short leash for that rider.

I assume you mean for the walker project board. Anyone got any ideas for the second board (which has some plastic-like outer edge)?
    Last edited by Ed G; 08-17-2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: removed link to websight
    2009 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Not once...but twice by the same rider? Need to move that pocket farther back or put a short leash for that rider.

The Walker is so light that he just shot it up at the boat with little effort. On the LandLock he just outran the pocket straight into the boat.
    2009 Outback V