Default Stock Ballast System

I have a 2002 Mobius. I just replaced the Rule 1100 pump on the ballast system but the bags still don't fill even though I can tell the pump is working. We gave up trying to figure it out and turned off the pump. When we got done wakeboarding we noticed that the bags had filled about 1/2 full even though the pump was not on. Any ideas why this happens? Any ideas for fixing the pump problem so we can fill the bags as soon as we get in the water?

Your pump may not have been primed. After my boat sits on the lift for a week I need to take her up to speed to get the pump primed. If not the pump runs but no water. As for the auto filling I am betting you have a bad valve. If the valve is working properly the bags will not autofill. They are easy to change and very inexpensive.

Don't want to steal your thread but I am having the same problems and have pretty much given up on the bags but I really would like them to work. I have a 2002 Outback LS and the factory bags have never worked correctly. And the fittings on them are a joke as the fill and dump lines never stay on. Have you done anything different to the bags or I am just looking for suggestions on how to enjoy the use of them more as my son would love to have them filled.
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

First, you better make sure (don't be offended) that the pump and valve are installed in the right direction. Many of us have put a new valve in and somehow gotten it in backwards. I suppose it could happen with a pump too. Then, check to see if the switches on the valves are in the right position. But, it certainly sounds like you didn't have prime in the pump to start with. Cruising at 15 MPH or so should put on plenty enough pressure to prime the pump. Once pumping you can park while it fills. Good luck! Also, if you get the pump working and the valves still aren't right you can get new ones at Home Depot for about $13 each or for about double that you can get the Irritrol 700 series ones that many of us rave about.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Smile

Thanks. I will give it a shot and let you know if it started working. I will be going out within a week and will let you know.