Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have seen an LS

31 73.81%
  • No I have never seen an LS

11 26.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Ls - Rip

I have to say that as much as I like my LSV - mostly for wake performance - as I do alot of surfing, I love the interior of the direct drive boats. The interior seems enormous as everything is more spread out. Also with the motor hump located in the middle, I find there is less chance in wacking your head on an overhead speaker - as you can position them over the engine compartment. Also the engine compartment makes for a great ottaman If I can find a DD with the same wake performace as my LSV, I would consider looking at one.
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

I see where Moomba would reduce the models as car companies have been doing that the last couple of years too but I would pick the LS over the Mobius LS for a couple of reasons: 1. It is a lighter boat = better ski boat, 2. I would think the price would be less so they could sell to a bigger market for those who are strapped for money.

I wouldn't look at the number of sales the past two years as dealers have limited their stock to boats that they know will move quickly so the DDs are probably non-existent on the show room floor.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I see where Moomba would reduce the models as car companies have been doing that the last couple of years too but I would pick the LS over the Mobius LS for a couple of reasons: 1. It is a lighter boat = better ski boat, 2. I would think the price would be less so they could sell to a bigger market for those who are strapped for money.

I wouldn't look at the number of sales the past two years as dealers have limited their stock to boats that they know will move quickly so the DDs are probably non-existent on the show room floor.
    You might be on to something here, Just sell the LS and not the Mobius LS and if you want the tower and the ballast offer them as options.

Thumbs down :(

I just got my LS IN THE SPRING AND FOR THE FIRST BIT i THOUGHT MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A OUTACK BECOUSE I GREW UP WITH THREE EVENT BOATS BUT I HAVE REALLY GROWN TOO LOVE MY BOAT FOR THE SIZE AND THE ADDAPTABILITY. IT TRUELY IS AN AMAZING CROSSOVER BOAT AND SO VERY ROOMY. I THINK IT MAY BE A MISTAKE, MAYBE THEY SHOULD MAKE A CROSSOVER SPECIFIC BOAT......
    JUST MY .02

I wanted a DD boat when I bought my LS. Never even gave a VD much thought. I grew up wanting a prostar so the DD is what I had my mind set on. After 4 summers with it I'm still not sure about the VD. I have a friend with a LSV and we are in and out of each others boat all the time. We both like things about each others boats. I can put just as many people in my LS as he can the LSV and with a boat load of people the wake is going to be big in either one of them. I can surf just as easily behind my LS as his LSV. With the LSV loaded with people, say 8 or more, they tend to fall over each other while with the LS it kinda forces you to go around the motor and doesn't seem as crowded. I do like being able to sit in the back and put my feet up too. If I had it to do again I'm not 100% sure that I would choose the LSV over the LS, but that's not really an option anymore now is it. I do know that the size of the LS is what sold me over buying an Outback. The Outback just seemed to small and now that I've had a chance to look at them again after buying the LS I'm positive I made the right decision.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Default Hey seark

how big is the difference between the ls and lsv wake with and without full factory ballasts, i havent been on or behind a lsv, i was out on y cousins dd calbria and hitting his wake on my board is like running into a curb and with my wake plate all the way up my wake is so sweet, nice and rampy with a good lip on the end at 19.5mph and 65 feet of rope. I LOVE MY MOOMBA.

I love my 2004 Mobius LS. Just rolled 800 hrs!!!!

I would've had a tough decision to make if the 09 OBV would've been available in 08. I really like the new OBVs. I think they're a great crossover boat. G3 plus wakeplate and you'd be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    how big is the difference between the ls and lsv wake with and without full factory ballasts, i havent been on or behind a lsv, i was out on y cousins dd calbria and hitting his wake on my board is like running into a curb and with my wake plate all the way up my wake is so sweet, nice and rampy with a good lip on the end at 19.5mph and 65 feet of rope. I LOVE MY MOOMBA.
    With the empty ballast there is not much difference in wake. The LSV is larger just because of the motor location difference. Both boats have GIII and there is quite a bit of difference in the wake. Can get good lift off both but the LSV is bigger. We tend to spend more time surfing than wakeboarding these days. There is not enough difference for me to make me want the LSV. If I was a much better wakeboarder it probably would. Now, when it comes to skiing the LS has a much smaller wake at 30+ mph and would prefer to be behind the LS. Don't run a course just open water.
    Not real sure I answered your question though.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by SEARK View Post
    With the empty ballast there is not much difference in wake. The LSV is larger just because of the motor location difference. Both boats have GIII and there is quite a bit of difference in the wake. Can get good lift off both but the LSV is bigger. We tend to spend more time surfing than wakeboarding these days. There is not enough difference for me to make me want the LSV. If I was a much better wakeboarder it probably would. Now, when it comes to skiing the LS has a much smaller wake at 30+ mph and would prefer to be behind the LS. Don't run a course just open water.
    Not real sure I answered your question though.
    GIII is not standard. My 08 LS only has G1, no wakeplate.