42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have seen an LS

31 73.81%
  • No I have never seen an LS

11 26.19%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2011 Ls - Rip

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    All right, let's not pretend that a v-drive has less power. The ski wake is one thing but you can get up behind a 65 hp outboard.
    Your right! If the DD makes 325hp at the prop then the VD will make 276 at the prop due to your normal transmission losses of 15% so yeah you should easily be able to get up behind a LSV!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Yellow is a cool color.

You'd look good in it!
    You know it is a sharp looking boat! You can see it for miles before it gets close but yellow is not one of my colors. Now if someone was to give me one I wouldn't say no. Ever see a yellow Ferrari? Again sharp but Ferrraris are supposed to be red!

Zegm, the good news is that you HAVE an LS. Take care of that baby!
    To further support the dealer comments put forth here, I don't recall hearing a boo about an LS initially. I was having great difficulty deciding on DD vs VD. Went VD. After I got on this forum and read all about the x-over virtues of the LS (mostly from you), I thought whoops, made a mistake.

I don't know the sales #'s, but suspect there will remain a strong enough market for a budget DD that the OBDD will stay alive. Go to MB Sports web site and you won't see a DD. Same with Centurion. Nor will you find a Response LX on the Malibu web site, though it can be special ordered I'm told.

The X14 is great if you return to your dock after every run. Note it doesn't have the rear storage locker like an LS. It'll also cost you alot more.

Those (boats on your lake) stats you provided are really suprising to me. Unusual concentration of ski buffs and not indicative of an average lake I doubt. Take my lake as another example. Only one DD on the entire lake! An MB Sports Boss 210, owned by a ski nut I know. Conversely, about ten Vdrives, with plenty more on the way I'm sure.

(How about that new Nautique Sport 200. V-drive based on a DD hull, with optional forward mounted ski pylon. Oh, my. C'mon SC!).
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Quote Originally Posted by moombabound View Post
    Zegm, the good news is that you HAVE an LS. Take care of that baby!
    To further support the dealer comments put forth here, I don't recall hearing a boo about an LS initially. I was having great difficulty deciding on DD vs VD. Went VD. After I got on this forum and read all about the x-over virtues of the LS (mostly from you), I thought whoops, made a mistake.

I don't know the sales #'s, but suspect there will remain a strong enough market for a budget DD that the OBDD will stay alive. Go to MB Sports web site and you won't see a DD. Same with Centurion. Nor will you find a Response LX on the Malibu web site, though it can be special ordered I'm told.

The X14 is great if you return to your dock after every run. Note it doesn't have the rear storage locker like an LS. It'll also cost you alot more.

Those (boats on your lake) stats you provided are really suprising to me. Unusual concentration of ski buffs and not indicative of an average lake I doubt. Take my lake as another example. Only one DD on the entire lake! An MB Sports Boss 210, owned by a ski nut I know. Conversely, about ten Vdrives, with plenty more on the way I'm sure.

(How about that new Nautique Sport 200. V-drive based on a DD hull, with optional forward mounted ski pylon. Oh, my. C'mon SC!).
    Yes it is strange that we have so many DD, but we have a large group of competitive slalom skiers in this area. Cory Pickos has a ski school not far from here and Jody the owner of Florida Inboards has 2 kids that are nationally ranked skiers. Well I should say they do the Tricks, Jump and Slalom events. I think that most die hards like me believe a skiboat is a DD. And I also believe that most people moving up from I/Os percieve that the VD actually looks more like a normal pleasure boat and is not as specialized as a DD. So when companies like Moomba offer a good value on their boats you see people with I/O and Outboards moving up to what they percieve as another pleasure boat, but one that allows them to have the option to play with the ballast and not some boat that has the engine in the middle and they don't even know why it is there. I am not sure that some I/O could not or are not also pretty good wakeboard boats. You just wouldn't want to surf behind one. But when Moomba decides that it is going to concentrate on VD's for the most part then I have to think that a company like MC still believes in the "old fashioned" slalom skier so even if the numbers of DD sold is small they stick to what got them there. We (wife and I) feel that SC is trying to follow the market as just a boat company and will build what sells best. I can't fault any company for that but it makes me realize that they are NOT about the sport but about the dollar. Another one of my favorite companies has also abandoned me, Cannondale bikes! I just bought the last bike of a run made in the USA. If you want to purchase one in the near future they will be coming from Asia. Again, another company about the dollar. Don't believe the bikes will be cheaper either, they will just make more profit. And like Moomba, I have bought my last Cannondale!

Angry Devastating

I love my 07' Mobius LS and plan to run it at least a few more years before even considering upgrading. Unfortunatley I may have to talk myself into an X-14 now. I just can't imagine straying from Moomba but the Mobius LS is what brought me to the brand.

It truely is a perfect crossover for our family! Great ski wake, nice wakeboard wake, awesome surf wake (all by adjusting the ballast and wake plate), and great overall layout and value. Whatelse could a multi-sport boat owner ask for......and now it's gone.

Sad day....curious decision SC???