Doesn't mnpracing have a OBV 06?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

He's coming to buy my LSV tomorrow...
    2008 LSV

JV - I tried, tried, and tried to find a way to get a Z5 on the 1 5/8 inch rad-a-cage tower, but didn't find a solution. Search for my mod thread on the Monster Cargo rack. I love it! Similar functionality to the Z5, bit different look, but A LOT easier on the wallet.

glad to see it moving, i was tempted to come to Michigan, inlaws are near Coldwater, but i think my wife would have killed me. beautiful boat i am jealous congrats mnpracing....

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    JV - I tried, tried, and tried to find a way to get a Z5 on the 1 5/8 inch rad-a-cage tower, but didn't find a solution. Search for my mod thread on the Monster Cargo rack. I love it! Similar functionality to the Z5, bit different look, but A LOT easier on the wallet.
    Drew i saw that and very impressed. The OBV does not have much for storage...

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

So I had the same issue as Brain with the straps loosening and scratching the tower. This last trip I wrapped the scratched area with the syran wrap packing film and then duct tape over the top of that. Oddly enough, the straps did not loosen this past trip. So, it did not do anything to the taped area but I like having the extra protection.

I have heard of others say that a Z5 has let loose before without the straps....
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

Weird, I don't have a scratch on my XLV tower from the straps.

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    I guess they didn't come with them in 2008 because we don't have them. We always take the cover off and tow sometimes for hundreds of miles without any problems. If there was a major problem I would assume I would be getting a pair as part of a recall?

Go onto Z5 website http://www.z5sportracks.com/products they have a retrofit kit for older models that did not come with the straps. I never take my top off except for storage.
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

Quote Originally Posted by bjames View Post
    Go onto Z5 website http://www.z5sportracks.com/products they have a retrofit kit for older models that did not come with the straps. I never take my top off except for storage.
    Last year we towed on 2 different trips that each were 600 miles round trip eah. When we got home we noticed that the cover had worn a hole in it where it was flapping around one of the support tubes. Since then we always take the canvas off and have gotten pretty good at re-installing it. I also thought that possibly my gas mileage and the strain on the frame work of the top would both be reduced by doing this. As far as the straps go I image they are to constrain the top should all 4 pins were to come out (unlikely if you check them before you go). If that is the case then I could just tie a rope or something like that from the Z5 to the tower and not worry about drilling holes in the hull and the top.