Thread: New Mobius Ls

Default New Mobius Ls

Hi
    I just bought a new mobius ls,,yesterday and signed up to this sight tonight. Wanted to say hi to all and cant wait till this weekend to try the boat out. Anyone else have a mobius. How do you like yours.

Keith

Default Replying to Topic 'New Mobius Ls'

welcome to the club! Congtrats on the new boat, you'll love it. I also have a Mobius LS (2003) and really enjoy it. I like the fact that I can ski behind it with a fairly good ski wake, then a few minutes later I can add water to the factory balast and have a pretty good wakeboard wake. I get compliments on it all the time. and alot of the compliments come from other "high dollar boat owners"
    Enjoy your new boat!

Dean

Dean,

I am looking for a new boat and am considering the Outback LS or Mobius LS. What is the difference? Also, how do you load up the ballast,,, with a pump or a switch from the helm? Is it a ballast bag or tank? Where is it? Sorry I am asking so much, but this is a big decision. I need storage. I have two boys,,, 15 and 19 yrs old. the 15 year old is into slalom skiing with slight wakeboarding. The 19 year old is primarily wakeboarding. I am also looking for a boat that will ride smooth when cruising. I have always heard bad things about inboard boats beating your brains out. Is this still the case? You have the boat,,, please help me with my decision. Also, which engine do you have and how about the GPH. Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Clark
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold

Well Clark, I'm no expert in the field but I'll give it a shot.
    As far as I can tell the Mobius LS and the Outback LS are the same hull they are the same length, width, weight, and fuel capacity. The outback LS does NOT come standard with tower, balast, or 4 blade prop, The Mobius LS does come standard with all those items. Typically 4 blade props are better for wakeboarding and 3 blades are better for skiing.
    The factory ballast on the Mobius LS is a hard tank that is under the back seat (the tank is what the seat sits on) and it fills by a switch on the dash (fill and empty) via a pump mounted in the engine compartment.
    As far as storage goes I think there is plenty of storage, under the seat cushions in the bow, under and behind the passenger seat, and a pretty good sized rear trunk area, and a ski locker in the center of the boat. I have 5 kids ranging in age from 7 to 15, all the towels, clothes and blankets get put in behind the passenger seat, along with an amp. Life jackets when not being worn go in the rear trunk (10 jackets total) along with 1 drysuit, 2 wet suits, oar, extra rope, 3 or 4 pair of gloves and a bottle of lubricant for my ski boots. Wakeboards go on the tower. (tower racks are not standard) and my 2 slalom skis go in the ski locker. The only real complaint I have is when we go on day trips I put a cooler full of food and drinks in the boat (behind the drivers seat) it really takes up alot of space, with 7 people in the boat you need all the leg room you can get.
    When it came to picking the Mobius LS over other models it was because I am a waterskier and my 13, and 15 yr old boys are wakeboarders. (the other younger kids kneeboard & tube) With the standard tower & ballast (and a handfull of kids for weight) it puts out a pretty decent wake. Throw a couple kids overboard, empty the balast, bump up the speed the 30+ mph and you have a really nice wake for skiing. I compete in the INT in Oregon and use my boat to train behind and feel it does a pretty good job.
    The inboard boats of the past did have a fairly stiff ride due to there "slalom only" use, but these crossover boats of today ride fairly well in less the perfect water conditions. Before you buy a boat take one for a test drive, and ski, board behind it see if it fits your needs.
    I have the 320hp fuel injected engine, I love the fact that for the past 2 season all i do is turn the key, no playing with the trottle no worring about different elevation changes, no nothing, just turn key and go!!! The GPH I really havent checked, somewhere on this board that topic came up, you should be able to find it by doing a search of GPH. I know that 2 full days of pulling kids on a two person tube at our mid-high church retreat burned up a full tank of gas. (I really dont know how many actual hours were spent pulling)
    I think I answered all your questions, we really enjoy our boat, I never get tired of taking it out on the lakes and rivers or the compliments we get on how nice the boat is. I've been wanting a comp boat since I learned to ski when I was 10-12yrs old, I'm 37 now and last spring I was finaly able to get one.
    Mine is a 03 so some of the stuff I got as options I think are standard on the 04's.(not sure) I added (from the factory) 2-board racks for the tower holds 4 boards, bimini top, boat cover, CD player with 6 speakers, rise-R drivers seat, 320 hp fuel inj. motor and tandem axle trailer. I have since added a 12" sub, amp and crossover.
    I dont know how big a hurry you are in getting a boat, but I got mine at a local boat show in the winter and got all the options listed above from the factory at no extra cost, I had to pay extra for the tandem trailer and fuel inj. but eveything else was a factory promo that Moomba offers during the boat show season. I believe there were 8 options you could pick from.
    Well I think I'm done! hope you didnt fall asleep reading all this and good luck on your boat research, let us all now what you decide on.

Dean

Dean,

Either you have a night job or really like staying up late. I saw what time you sent this out.

I did not fall asleep. You did a good job explaining everything. I saw the pictures. Beautiful boat. Did you order this Mobius LS without the decals, or did you take them off. I did not know whether the ballast was a bag of tank. Hey, two days of playing on one tank of gas doesn't seem too bad to me. Thanks for that info also. I am planning on going to the boat show in Atlanta, Ga, close to where I live in January 2005. In 2003, I came very close to buying a Moomba Outback, but didn't. I think now I am glad that I didn't. The LS, whether the Outback or Mobius may be my best match. Any other info you think of ,,,, please let me know. When spending this amount of money, there is no such thing as too much information. Thanks again.

Clark,
    I have a new Mobius LSV, pure wakeboarding with every bell and whistle there is. This boat is brand new <5hrs. Give me your email address and I'll send you all the specifics and pictures.

Originally posted by Goodtimesjeff

Hi
    I just bought a new mobius ls,,yesterday and signed up to this sight tonight. Wanted to say hi to all and cant wait till this weekend to try the boat out. Anyone else have a mobius. How do you like yours.

Keith
    Congrats and Welcome.

I have had my Mobius since 2001 and I have been very happy overall with the boat. To put it another way I would buy another Moomba without a second thought.
    Richard
    2001 Mobius