Thread: Outback V

Default Outback V

Hi community,

my name is Michael, I'm a wakeboard fan from Germany.
    I'm looking for a wakeboard boat, available brands in Germany are Mastercraft, Malibu, Correct Craft, Supra and also Moomba.
    Moomba is totally new for me, I never heard of these boats before.
    Unfortunately it's hard to get information about this boats in Germany, there were just few sold here.

Before I will go to the german Moomba dealer (some hundred miles) to go for a 2010 Outback V I like to participate of Moomba owners experiences. I would appreciate a lot if some of you try to answer my questions:

1. The quality of the wake, is it OK for somebody who's used to ride a Mastercraft X2 or Malibu wake ? Is it possible to create a clear wake at 21 - 24 mph by using the ballast system ?

2. The quality of the treatment. So far I never saw a Moomba, but today I heard of a Moomba Mobius LSV owner that he had issues with two different Moombas where water went below the gelcoat and osmosis starts (both were new boats).

3. What about the quality of the pads ? I saw pictures of a two year old Moomba (for sale) where some of the pads were lacerated. For sure, this can also be self inflicted by the user/owner. Or is the material very sensitiv ?

These are my first questions regarding Moomba boats. In general I like the design, and it's the only one which is worthfor me to buy as a new one (remark: boats from the US are very expensive in Germany due to shipping and registration). For example: For the same money I could get a X2 (07 or 0 with of our wakeboarding school with >900h !!!

Thanks a lot
    Michael

Danke Ed,

I also like the size of the boot, still short enough to fit into my garage.

No more wakeboarder using the Outback V ?

Regards
    Michael